Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think its probably the electric engine brake system, but can someone confirm what in the heck the electric actutor noise is coming from the right side of the bike, seems like its almost constant when moving slow. also , do you'all think its ok to do my first service with mobil 1 synthetic, or should i let it break in longer with regular oil? thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well what does the sound, sound like? If its like a screaming noise but not very loud and its around 3-6 km'h its the actuator in the middle of changing, it doesn't know whether to actuate the engine brake if your goin to accelerate past that speed, or to disengage it if your just going to put around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that , thats a good description of the sound. how often do these systems wear out, someone told me that plastic forks is what slows down the engine?

·
Registered
946 Posts
its not so much as to wearing out as the actuators are defective, but 99% of them aren't just select few batchs made go bad, but that noise is nothing serious its just the engine brake system disengaging and engaging, if you could get a sound clip I could tell you for sure if thats the sound I know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 750 BF with 2500 miles 1000 plus hours. On hard up hill pulls 8,000 to 12,000 MSL I hear a hard clicking sound. The first time I heard it I though it was stones hitting the bottom of the machine. The local dealer does not know what it is. It only makes the sound on a hard up hill pull and it is getting worst. Not sure if its the engine or drive line.
Any one have a problem like this? Jay

·
Super Moderator
13,513 Posts
I have a 2005 750 BF with 2500 miles 1000 plus hours. On hard up hill pulls 8,000 to 12,000 MSL I hear a hard clicking sound. The first time I heard it I though it was stones hitting the bottom of the machine. The local dealer does not know what it is. It only makes the sound on a hard up hill pull and it is getting worst. Not sure if its the engine or drive line.
Any one have a problem like this? Jay
That's exactly what mine does when my belt starts loosing the coggs and seperating. Hard to always see unless the cover is off and you turn it around. The other thing mine does with the aluminum skid plates is when a small rick gets between the plate and the frame, it popps at the frame and plate flexes...sounds just like the belt except does it when moving and hitting bumps.

Here is my first belt that made that noise. I thought a stick was hitting under my plastic...looked several times on the trail too..got it home, pulled the cover and found this;

The other thing to cneck is the CV joints. They make a popping when they start going out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts