Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Psyc...... :lol: Some pics of my quad carrier.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More!

·
Registered
143 Posts
nice rack :D that thing looks pretty stout, is it one of the kind that pivot out of the bed and onto the ground? the one i build won't be that high tech, just going to drop it in the stake pockets add 4 or 5 legs to the bed floor for support. still trying to decide how big it needs to be, and how stout of material i need to use. thanks for the pics. not every day i get pics of someones rack posted just for me :lol:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bubba said you where looking to make something like this so I thought I would have some fun with it. :lol:

It is one of those you can load by your self. Did bubba give you the web site? They have some good pics too.

I got the wench from costco $ 69.00. Works good. You will need it if you can'nt fine a high area to load. Especially with the modified clutch on your V.

·
Registered
143 Posts
mine will be a fixed mount rack with ramps, and i think i'll figure out a way to rig a hand winch on it to pull the quads up, the yfz is a mother to ride up the ramp because it is so wide. he didn't send me the site, but i've looked at a lot of different designs and think i know what way i want to go. hows the weather been there? i sure miss living in GP, been gone 7.5 yrs now, and don't get back enough. i want to go raft the rogue again, maybe this summer some time.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weathers been the typical Spring, Want change, Just wait ten minutes :lol: I ended up putting air bags on to make the ride less swaying, especially when towing my rv. I assume you will be towing aswell. Just an idea.
Show pics of your rack when you gett-er done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i won't be towing for now, no room for a trailer, and it's not in the cards just yet, but i am thinking about making my rack 8ft wide and 9ft long and probably build it on a base like yours to keep the load wt lower. probably won't happen for a little while. still have to gather up the steel. weather's been the same here, just not as warm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts