Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought from a friend a 06 BF 650 i 4x4, it has 960 miles, and 150 hours. I want to change oils, and I wanted to ask you guys and gals do you use synthetic engine oil or regular. I don't drive much. winter plowing and maybe 100 miles a year messing around if that. Also what cooling fluid should I use. I rather buy online because the local dealer is a rip. Any other tips would be great regarding maintenance. I have engine and vin numbers in case. Tires are new, tire pressure? Thanks , I know i can look this stuff up, but sometimes owners know best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought from a friend a 06 BF 650 i 4x4, it has 960 miles, and 150 hours. I want to change oils, and I wanted to ask you guys and gals do you use synthetic engine oil or regular. I don't drive much. winter plowing and maybe 100 miles a year messing around if that. Also what cooling fluid should I use. I rather buy online because the local dealer is a rip. Any other tips would be great regarding maintenance. I have engine and vin numbers in case. Tires are new, tire pressure? Thanks , I know i can look this stuff up, but sometimes owners know best.
Here is what i use on my 2002, 650 Prarie, and Ive had it since new and no failures! Not sure how different the 06 is?
Kawasaki Prarie 650
Engine oil 2.2 QTS, 10w-40 (Synthetic), Screw in Dip Stick for Oil Level, Drain Plug = 17 mm, Filter PH 6607, WIX 51358, Napa 1358
Front Differential: 10W-40, 14.4 oz, Drain 10 mm, Fill 19 mm
Rear Differntial: Kawasaki Wet Brake Oil, Mobil Fluid 424 (30.4 oz), Citgo Hydraulic Fluid, Exxon Hydraul 560, SAE 80, 24.32 oz.
PLUG-SPARK,CR7E(NGK) 11013ELEMENT-AIR FILTER, 11013-1287

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
On any between 2004 and 2008 it's best not to use a synthetic oil as they used a Nikasil plated cylinder wall that in some cases was so smooth, it would cause synthetic oils to get by the rings because it would skip over the coating. Not all had this issue as some retained enough hash marks to overcome this..but over 80% didn't and would use oil as a result. Best to use a good quality conventional motorcycle oil with a 10 or 15w40 rating. If yours doesn't use oil when using a synthetic, you are one of the lucky ones..keep using it until it starts going through oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts