Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it looks like I jumped ship a little and joined up here. Nice. I didn't know that this place was here until yesterday. (No, I don't get out much) Glad to see that most of the names I trust reside here. I don't have a lot to give but, I love to listen and learn. So I'll just sit back, and take it in, and if I have a question I'll put it out there for everyone to take a shot at.

My name is Ed, I'm 54 going on 22, and I build navy destroyers at the iron works up here in Maine. thanks for having me...

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ya thanks for having me. I have to admit I thought there was a lot more action going on here than there really is. I Know I'm not that well known, most obnocious, or even best spella' for that matter,or wrench turner, V tuner, clutchman, engine builder, etc. But, I do like to listen to chat, learn tips, hear about different places, and how, and what others that ride the beast encounter. Other than reading the old posts...which got me hear in the first place...that and who was here, or that some people could not come here, is what landed me on this site. I know no ones forcing me to stay but to me it seems pretty quiet. Is this the way it is, or did I just expect too much? Hey Dale is their no one here you can "stir the pot with"? You can give me a try we both know I have some areas of skin that you can get under. I have to fess up I tried to get you going on another "off brand" you could even say a all "yellow" site. But, it failed to fly. Not that I'm a trouble maker, cuz I'm not. I just like to see this moving forward, and I don't see much of that here as of yet. I know it's only been three days so far I guess I'll sit and wait...Ed

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I did not know that. I too would like no drama. I know what you mean, I could only PM certain people on "another kawi site" When I would ask in the open forum I would get nowhere. Everyone seemed to be way to focused on bigger things than helping beginners, or people that had little funds to put in to modding, and needed to get it right the first time. I know some of you guy's have heard this before but, I'll nutshell it again for everyone else.

I am new to owning a computer, I bought the V in 04 and would talk to Dale on the phone about testing the V in it's early days of clutching. He turned me on to KR and told me to go and I could learn as much as I wanted. So now I have a PC, and I went there to ask. At that time I had a better understanding about it than most so I left it behind but quickly it past me so I was left to test on my own . Feeling at the time I left most didn't know where I was coming from. Well here I am, and my V is lacking, and not believing what others have done in their testing is accurate. I would hear of how others were performing, and I now was willing to "listen up" So I ask "HOW TO" and now got a 100 different answers from dunners, racers, and nothing I got applied to me. The stock internal guy with low funds, who wants to RIP through the woods, wheelie, run mud, and get the 70+ mph he always heard about but has never, ever saw. But, at the same time still get there as quick as possible with good power every where, and at the time of want... I do have some mods, and I'm trying to get it right. I've ask so many times I'm sick of hearing it myself. Jim has been a great support, and so has JM, and FlyinV but now money is tight. I was going with a big build (800 all done up) but I lost my job My V is all apart so I could ship it out, now I'm back to work no time, no money playing catch up on two homes, and trying to get it all together and rip before May so I can still compete with the others... My V will kick ass some day. I just have a huge sticking point. Sitting this one out is not an option. So I ask do I ask all the same faces, all the same questions, and run through it all again so when I do put it all back together it's perfect with just a carb adjustment required? And have things been proven enough many times over to work as applies to me so I can put it back together, and it's good to go with no more messing around ride after ride trying to get it to do what I want it to do. Is it now fact as to what works with most of the hype removed.

So how was that? Tech wanted, and needed all mixed in with the drama. Shaken not Stirred...Ed

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well after quite a bit of contemplating I've chosen to re-post the dead horse even though some decay has set in. I do have some ideas on what I want. But, I still don't know EXACTLY what it is I want, I will try to be clear as I can on it....ED...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts