Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on guys. Im new here and just traded another quad for this project. Its an 09 Brute 650i with lots of problems. I have completely tore down the front end and rebuilt a arms and front diff already. This thing was rode hard and put up wet to dry. The a arm bolts were severely bent and it took and act of god to get them removed. Saw zaw will not cut the hardened bushing if your wondering. I went through 3 blades and finally gave up. Ended up drilling the head of the bolt off and using a punch to get it out. Front diff didn't have and broke gears luckily but almost every bearing in it was wiped out. No fluid drained from diff upon removal. Left front tire wouldn't even spin but its great now. Crankcase was full of milky oil. drained and flushed. When I first picked this up I had it started and it was idling great. No noises coming from engine but giving it throttle it would backfire. After replacing fluids and starting I have a horrible screeching sound that I cant tell if its the belt or a bearing and a lovely tick coming from the front cylinder. This thing is a wreck. I believe im just going to go completely through it and hopefully have it done by march for a trail ride some friends invited us to. If I have to go through the engine I might as well put a bbk right? Whats my best option? I have been looking into big kevs kits and emailed amr to see what he had to offer. I don't want to spend a fortune but I want a powerful yet reliable ride. Plus I have a friend whos been bragging about how his 2012 brute 750 is going to smoke me in the mud. Help please.

2009 Brute Force 650i
2" Highlifter Kit
Moose Power Module
1" Wheel Spacers
HMF Slip on Exhaust
29.5" Outlaws
12" SS wheels
Highlifter Radiator Relocation Kit
Snorkled

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
welcome to BC... If I were going to do a BBK, Big Kev would be my resource. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have just purchased a set of 750 cylinders and the std bore kit from TRP for my 2013 650i. I was told I should put down 107bhp with my mods already.

I won't have any issues smoking a 750 brute in the mud let alone any can am… they only make like 82 hp.

Give Ray at Truro Recreation Products a call. He can hook you up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts