Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway.. decided it is time to get serious with the drag racing.... decided to use the other blow up kfx I have and stick the drive train in a real drag frame...I haven't said much as the front a-arms, and shocks got "lost" during shipping.. Have a claim filed with UPS and they seem to think they can find them. The original plan was to use my extra stock swinger and do some welding to make it work... well, one of my buddies has a local shop who is building a chain drive V. I called him and he knew al about the skat trak stuff and claimed he should be done in a few weeks and said he would build me a chain drive too. If it works out, I will probably convert the 764 to one too as I need a much longer swing arm. Anyway, here are some pics of the rolling chassis... it wieghed 75lbs with everything but the wheels and tires....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These pics are from the for sale add. So, my plan in chain drive V... most likley AMR 730 or 715 with a large shot of nx.... total bike wieght should be around 250lbs .... and hoping that the chain drive conversion frees up some power so on the juice.... 130 to the wheels or so? :unibrow:

·
Registered
530 Posts
:eek: Good luck on that project should be a hairy ride and a V twin will be sick in there.. :nod:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. If the chain drive works out it will be an ass kicker for sure.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't need it... plus, the bigger bores don't seem to hold the juice as well... I figured for the cost.... I can just run a bigger shot and make up for the power I might make with a bigger motor. I want to run at least a 50 shot, if not more. I am just guessing, but I assume a chain drive should put more power to the wheels than a shaft. I would assume a full built 715/730 with a shaft driven rear should put around 65 to the wheels....No reason to think that a chain won't put down another 10 or so...throw a 50+ shot on it.... :unibrow:

·
Registered
76 Posts
That is just sick looking. keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told motor weighs around 140lbs... I was also told going to chain drive lightens it a bit... Like I said, 250 is my goal... most likely be around 275. bottom line is it should be a rocket... it is +12 in the front and + 8 in the rear... I hope I don't need a wheelie bar.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stil fighting with UPS on the missing parts... Also, going to call in the next few days to try and finalize the chain drive. Hope that works out as the weight savings will be huge.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chain drive is about 100% a go. The folks doing the work for me are done with theirs and doing some final testing this weekend. Still didn't get the rest of my parts. UPS is claming they were not shipped. The guy I bought the frame from is saying he shipped them. UPS is saying they have pics of it being loaded with none of the missing parts.. Looks like it might be paypal fruad sharge time and maybe contact the local police. The guy we bought it from isn't willing to help at all and I am nto happy about having to buck up and buy new a-arms and spindles and shocks..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Motor bottom end has been dropped off for the chain drive.... I will post some pics once I get it back. Had a long talk with Glen about what to do with this motor.... still haven't decided.... Might make it a 730 and spray its azz off.. or could go big bore, but not spray as much..... to me, it seems like both ways will end up pretty much the same HP wise.... :paranoid:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by z-mann
Motor bottom end has been dropped off for the chain drive.... I will post some pics once I get it back. Had a long talk with Glen about what to do with this motor.... still haven't decided.... Might make it a 730 and spray its azz off.. or could go big bore, but not spray as much..... to me, it seems like both ways will end up pretty much the same HP wise.... :paranoid:
if you can get a similar hp from the all motor setup that seems more solid.

big nos = head gaskets even on the best built motors.

Just my $.01.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We talked about that, he said running head studs seems to be the nitrous fix as he hasn't had one gasket blow yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by z-mann
We talked about that, he said running head studs seems to be the nitrous fix as he hasn't had one gasket blow yet.
oh the arp head studs right? nice.

well if you can get the gaskets to last then the nitrous route is a lot cheaper for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts