Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

New brute owner primary clutch questions

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
Always owned Honda’s in the past and enjoy the reliability but really curious to try out brute power. Bought 07 with a noise so I haven’t ride tested yet. Tracked down noise to primary clutch. Must be wear because I don’t see anything that’s obviously failed and I do feel a lot of slop. Puller is on the way. My question is does anyone have experience with mother clutcher replacement clutch? The whole new assembly is lots cheaper than oem and it looks the same to me. Other option is to have rebuilt and after doing my research I don’t feel comfortable doing it myself. Going to call around local kawi dealers today to get an idea on the pricing and not even sure if this one can be rebuilt with the wear. Any help is useful. Thanks

#2 ·
99.9% of the time the noise is from warn shoes. These are the nylon buttons between the spider and guide towers. They last a long time but when they are gone...they need replaced. Because it required aome expensive special tools at the time I opted to have my local shop rebuild mine. Only cost about 200 bucks and I got back a near-new clutch. I have no experience with the Mother Clutcher clutches but I would look into taking just your clutch down and having it rebuilt first. JMO.

Think I still have a video on mine before the shoe replacement...yeah here it is. After it was as quiet as it was brand new.

#3 ·
Well bad news. Pulled primary off bike and noise is still present. Rod knock possibly? Not sure if I’m going to get any deeper into this project or get rid of. Was disgusted enough to shut off the shop lights this morning and leave it for another day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.