Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am a new 2022 Brute Force 300 owner here in Costa Rica.
I feel exceptionally fortunate to have been able to score the 300 and use it daily for general transportation around the general area i stay in when here. I am building a house and frequent the area and was super stoked to fine ONE available about a month ago in San Jose. Super fortunate because ATV's are nearly impossible to find here.

I have a strong mechanical background and have owned and worked on other ATV's and several bikes many years ago when i was more reckless in life choices :) and plan to do my own maintenance mainly because i am an extreme stickler for detail and have trust issues after years of others not adhering to the same standard i expect. I know, weird, but that is my nature and not much i can change at my age.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

I just did the initial oil change this morning using Repsol Semi-Synthetic 10W40 (all i could find here) and cleaned the screen - it was clean and the oil looked "normal" for break-in.
The climate here is VERY rough on everything and i want to insure i take extremely good care of this machine as i literally could not do without. It is big enough to get me around but small enough i can easily load it in my container when i am absent.

So, besides the fluid changes and basics, are there any "gotchas" i should be aware of? One main question i don't see addressed in the owners manual (less than extensive) is any info on lube-points that should be greased at any frequency.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you!
when you say to look at these moment points, are they supposed to be permanently lubricated? Does it make sense to disassemble at some point and clean/lube? The conditions here are extremely harsh: salt in the air, HEAVY rain this time of the year and unbelievable rough roads and potholes. sorry if i sound paranoid, but admittedly i am. Replacing this would be near impossible and it is crucial to my day to day existence.

·
Administrator
14,493 Posts
Looking at the parts diagram..which you can do too on any parts house web site, I don't see that they use the rubber bushings like Kawasaki does on the 750s. I say that because the 300 is build by Kymco for Kawasaki. I guess it would up to you in taking it apart to grease them. Some look like they have grease fitting already but some don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!. I will dig a little. much appreciated. i had heard they were built by Kymco. When comparing - i literally had no alternative choice as there are none in the country, it appeared the Kawasaki was very similar but not identical - for instance the Kymco did not have the pull-start, or that is my recollection.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats. I bought my two children one of these back in December for Christmas present! They love it. I am in the process right now tearing off front end to redo all halogen lights into LEDs. I also cut out the small “fake light” areas on bumper and installed LED markers. Got the daytime lights installed but headlights were wrong ones sent, so new ones arrive Wednesday.
Enjoy your new ride.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts