Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through the classic bait and switch with a dealer in NC on a 2006 that was suppose to be like new. It was trashed.

I know another guy from one of my boards that has an 04, that he got in March 05. He said it has less than 10 hrs on it and all the recalls have been done. He want's 4K for it.

My question is have the newer KFX700's had a lot of changes to them? Is it worth it for me to get a newer one or can I upgrade this one and be okay?

I want to play on the track with my son and use it on the property here. I'm not going to be racing but I do like to get a little air from time to time. Any advice on this would be great and if you know of any deals that would be great too. I'm willing to drive if it's a deal. I'm in East TN.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The guys wife made him backout of the deal so it looks like I'm getting an 2008. Guess that's not all bad but the 04 was a really good price and looked new. Oh well I should be riding this weekend. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
4k is way too high for a stock 2004 V by the way.

And no there haven't been any significant changes in the V's lifespan.

like 1mm thicker tie-rods. (they still bend except rpm's :rolleyes: )
fixed the rocker cover bolt fiasco
different plastic colors

Good luck with that 2008.

Invest in suspension first! Before *anything* else!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by someone
4k is way too high for a stock 2004 V by the way.
Man if that's way too high where are all the deals? I've look high and low and couldn't any. This one was like new.

·
Registered
530 Posts
:eek: Sweet..You will fit right in here :lol:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Trust me, it's addicting :nod: :nod: RPM has it right :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
For a quick pick-me-up, upgrade the exhaust and open up the airbox (and of course rejet). Noticeable difference and relatively cheap.

IMO, the best upgrade is aftermarket shocks. The stockers are way stiff.

I personally would immediately get a grab bar and a set of nerfs. The stock grab bar can't won't survive wheelying over, and nerfs protect you while looking cool at the same time.

Most will suggest changing the primary clutch spring. My take is that it makes no real difference unless you have internal mods, or need to make the clutch behave differently to suit a specific need. Example: For drag racing you might want high stall so you can spin the tires off the line instead of doing a big wheelie. For hill climbing you might want a spring that lets you hold a little higher RPM. Other than that, I don't feel like it's worth it. Your mileage may vary.

After the new wears off, the next level would be hi comp pistons and bigger cams. Word on the street is this is where the magic happens.

·
Registered
254 Posts
+1 on Precision and Pro Armor.

I got a smokin' deal on a Precision stabilizer (otherwise couldn't have afforded it) and was blown away by how much difference it made. I was very skeptical that it would help that much, but now I'm convinced.

I'm saving for Pro Armor nerfs. I had AC before and they didn't fit that well and the build quality was inconsistent. All the Pro Armor stuff I've seen is much more precisely built and fits better. Some of the Blingstar stuff looks great, too, but I haven't seen much in person.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts