Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Brute 650i and am looking for a good tire/ rim combo. Some of the ones I was looking at were the ITP Mudlite xtrs, ITP TerraCross and Maxxis Bighorn. I read that the Bighorns are heavier, but wear better than the ITPs. I would like to get itp aluminum rims, but I wonder if they can stand up to punishment. Can anyone please give me some suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Mud lite xtr, I've watched many shows and read many magazines and its the best all around tire, and it wears really well, anyone who says ITPs wear fast can come look at my tires, after 7300 km or hard riding, and power slides, wheelies, burn outs, all of that and i still have tread, it might change their mind. I found this video on you tube to show you what they look like with chrome rims. heres a link to some with chrome itp rims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J7YSj1FMBI

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess it all depends on the terrain your riding. To me the bighorn would be for more hardpack and rock than anything else. The XTR is a good multi purpose tire. It does well in all kinds of terrain. Not sure about the terracross but they would definately be the last ones i'd buy out of the three.

As for the aluminum rims. They are definately stronger than the stockers they will take alot of punishement. If you go with ITP's SS series they come with a lifetime warranty against bends or breaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts