Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to put new rims and tires on my new 2007 650i. I need some help here!!!

1- I want a 14" deep center rim so what offset is recommended??
2- I want to put a good set of tires on also and i want some bad boys so what is recomended??? I muddy trail, mud hole and swamp ride
3- If bigger tires are the way to go what size lift do i need to accomodate whatever size tires??
4- finaly i have 2 rim styles in mind, i like the ITP SS 112's and the Super grip 5 stars.. Any other wheels out there that look similar to either one???

you guys are the greatest I am new to all this and all the questions i have had you fellas have more than answered!!! Hopefully you can help me here.. I really appreciate all your knowledge and thanks again

·
Registered
946 Posts
The Itps would be my choice personally. They just look so mean!

·
Registered
20 Posts
you dont need a lift for any tire on a brute 14in tire selection is very limited most all aftermarket wheels are 5+2 offset

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here's a couple pic's of my 14" SS112's with 27" XTR's. I don't have much riding time on them but so far I am quite happy with them. Offset is 5+3 in the rear and 4+2 in the front. This offset gives you lots of room for big tires. It is a way better setup than stock and best of all the wheels have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SEEEE I told you!!!! You guys are the BEST man!! BF650I thanks dude you just sold me rite on those pics!!! Man what a killer looking hotrod!! I have been trying to picture what these rims are going to look like and that rite there just answered all my questions. What size are those wheels width wise??? Man thats killer that bike looks sick!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanx BigTime. Ya the wheels really make the brute a sweet looking unit. I would really like to see a nice black brute with them on, so if you get a set be sure to post a pic.

The width of the wheels are 6" in the front and 8" in the rear. This combo seems to work great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem BF650I i will post pics soon. Anybody have any tire recomendations?? I like the mudlites and i seen they have a new 30" tire out there... Any experience with these or any others??? As soon as i can figure out a good tire for my style of riding I will be purchasing. So if anyone with experience has any good suggestions please let me know!! Thanks for all the help guys!!!

ONE MORE THING- I know they make these rims in all different widths and sizes... What is a good width for these bikes 6, 8, 10, or 12??? Which goes where??? Is wider better or is narrow better??? i need kinda all the info on wheels... again i am new and have no clue... Thanks again fellas!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is all rear offset??? I have a 650i and i thought all the wheels are the same 5+2.. But i want i deep center wheel like BF650I so what kinda offset is recommended?? I like the way that your hotrod looks sdf1201 but how is it with slinging the mud with the tires out past the fenders that far. i would not care but my wife will if she is getting shot with rooster tails all day!!! Got to make her happy to or my life will be miserable but aint that how it always is.. Thanks again for the info fellas!!!

·
Registered
946 Posts
BF650I thats a really nice bike, good job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just got the black 750i last night, probably order the SS112s next week, I am not into the mud scene, but I think I am going with the Terra Cross tires - 26"

defintaley post pics when together

G

·
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by BF650I
Thanx BigTime. Ya the wheels really make the brute a sweet looking unit. I would really like to see a nice black brute with them on, so if you get a set be sure to post a pic.  

The width of the wheels are 6" in the front and 8" in the rear. This combo seems to work great.
[/b]
I've got the identical setup as you on my black brute. But I'm computer illerate and have no idea how to post pics. But let me tell you it looks sharp. As does yours.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to see them pics so post if you get a chance I still am up in the air about what to do.. I would like to put thirty's on the bike but they dont make them in a 14" wheel so i still dont know which way to go

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya i seen that they have a 30" tire in a 14" wheel listed but they are not out yet and wont be till mid to late January. Guess ill have to wait till then but i dont think i can!! The places we ride are pretty muddy sometimes and i am getting stuck alot with the stockers. Thats why i am stuck on what to do

·
Registered
946 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by BigTime
Ya i seen that they have a 30" tire in a 14" wheel listed but they are not out yet and wont be till mid to late January. Guess ill have to wait till then but i dont think i can!! The places we ride are pretty muddy sometimes and i am getting stuck alot with the stockers. Thats why i am stuck on what to do[/b]
I seen the 30's on a brute in august, got to try it out actually.

·
Registered
30 Posts
well, the yellow truck brought them today. they got the tire part right, but they mounted them on the wrong rims. details after i get the problem fixed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts