Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, New to brutes here.
Trying to get this thing back in action.

Previous owner deleted the choke on it. The fuel primer on the side of the carb was torn etc.
I bought all new parts for it but now I'm putting it back together.

The 2 vacuum hoses that go to the carbs and apparently to a white box thing are non existent!
I don't know if they were there before I took it apart or not.
So what can I do to make this work? Do I have to buy that white splitter thing I keep reading about?

Also on the airbox there are 3 connectors.
1 I know is for the pcv and one is the drain.
The small one I have no idea what it's for?

Thanks in advance for any help
It won't let me upload my pictures until I have 15 posts

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
All that and you never said what it was you had...or where you are...lol. From some of the description I assume it's a 05-07 750 and if so, the carbs have choke plungers on the side of each but only the Canadian versions have a fuel primer. The two lines you refer to are not vacuum lines but are atmospheric vents that run to that white can that mounts in front of the airbox. That white can isn't important. Just Y or T those lines together and run the one to the pod, snorkel or do the factory-thing and let it just hang down about a food from the front deflector plastic.

As for the airbox, there is one larger port for the crankcase vent tube, one small one right below that which is a catch tube for the oil that comes up the crankcase vent. That one has a rubber line on it about 2 feet long with a plug in the end that is used to drain the oil from time to time. DON'T leave that open as it is inside the filter area. The last port on the airbox is the "Duckbill" and it's for draining any water that gets in.

The only vacuum line comes from the top of...one of the intake ports to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much haha. Sorry it's a 06 750 and I am in Canada .
I'm just going to run both of those vents up to the handle bars!

This quad was a disaster. Whoever had it before really buggered stuff up.
He removed the choke and I could not get it started when it's cold. 57 dollars for that damn cable and 37 dollars for that plunger!!

·
Administrator
14,588 Posts
Thanks man!
How's Albuquerque?
Breaking bad and better call saul are my favorite shows haha
Albuquerque's great. Weather is in the 60s today and sunny. Didn't really have a winter this year...at least not yet. Thinking about heading for the hills for a ride...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts