Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend just got brand new quads...mine is none other than the famous V-force and he got a Raptor 700. We went riding today and I snapped a couple pics of our quads during a break...its real dry around here so theres not a whole lot of mud to go through...here they are

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good pics.. So are you happy with your choice? If the Rappy 700 had been out when I got mine, I might have been tempted to go that way.

Where are you from?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rappy is a great bike. I'm more familiar with the 660 as opposed to the 700r.

I really like the 700r purely because of the efi.

Now, if the V ever comes out with efi, my bike goes away and I get a new improved V.

steve-

ps. both bikes are good looking in the picts. May there be many more of those picts in the future only, hopefully with big wet clumps of mud on them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
def. happy w/ my choice

my stock 700 (when i had the blue spring...still considered it stock because I didnt see a HUGE improvement) against his stock 700 are dead even until the top of his 3rd right when he shifts to 4th...then by time I run out of grunt hes about 2 quads ahead..That being said...I think if the V's didnt weigh so damn much I think they could take the rappy's without any mods... Now I have a WB Carbon pro full exhaust coming, going to do the airbox mod and rejet, and I put a o/b spring in ....we will see how it goes...hopefully I can reel him in to maybe 1 or less quads....we will see

HOWEVER...I rode z-mann's 730 V and completely annihilated my friend w/ the rappy...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Originally posted by blackwell
def. happy w/ my choice

my stock 700 (when i had the blue spring...still considered it stock because I didnt see a HUGE improvement) against his stock 700 are dead even until the top of his 3rd right when he shifts to 4th...then by time I run out of grunt hes about 2 quads ahead..That being said...I think if the V's didnt weigh so damn much I think they could take the rappy's without any mods... Now I have a WB Carbon pro full exhaust coming, going to do the airbox mod and rejet, and I put a o/b spring in ....we will see how it goes...hopefully I can reel him in to maybe 1 or less quads....we will see

HOWEVER...I rode z-mann's 730 V and completely annihilated my friend w/ the rappy...
Yeah, but that 730 kit runs about $1,200 just for the parts. If you put that much extra cash into the Rappy, it would even up again.

The V just uses up its available gear ratios in about 300 feet. If the CVT transmission had more range it would be able to keep up in the higher gears. It's not a lack of horsepower by any means. That's what we give up to have the automatic, and I think it's a reasonable trade.

VFORCEJOHN's clutch mod helps a lot in longer drag races, so I hear.

I raced some friends at the dunes last weekend, but at Little Sahara OK it was hard to find a flat place longer than 300'. I was beating 2 Predators, a LT-R450 (with the baffle still in the exhaust) and a 416EX with 12.5:1 compression. However, the Preddys were just getting to 4th gear by the end and it was evident they would have caught & passed me if we'd gone another 100 feet.

However, at the end of the day I wasn't the one bitching about a sore left hand.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
another friend just bought a special edition 700R and I rode it yesterday and then rode his brothers 660R back to back and I see no HUGE difference in throttle response to tell u the truth...the 700R is nice but I wouldnt pay 7k for it

·
Registered
254 Posts
What about overall power? How's the handling and ride? Supposedly the 700 chassis is way better.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuel injection.....fuel injection....drool drool

no more jetting. mapping software. instead of coming back to camp and pulling carbs and changing jets, you whip out your laptop (and a beer ofcourse) plug the bike into the computer and re-mapp, gather information on a/f, adjust power curves, gulp, burrp etc.

I know I'm talking about being in my own world here, but it sure sounds good to me!!

steve-

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, the way EFI is implemented on ATVs isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd like to see a closed-loop system with an O2 sensor that can almost tune itself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Jay
Well, the way EFI is implemented on ATVs isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'd like to see a closed-loop system with an O2 sensor that can almost tune itself.
I know,

I'm just dreaming :D :D

for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Jay
THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU! man if only other people would realize this..i hate telling people this and then them looking at me like im crazy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Jay+--><div class='quotetop'>(Jay)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-blackwell
def. happy w/ my choice

Yeah, but that 730 kit runs about $1,200 just for the parts. If you put that much extra cash into the Rappy, it would even up again.

The V just uses up its available gear ratios in about 300 feet. If the CVT transmission had more range it would be able to keep up in the higher gears. It's not a lack of horsepower by any means. That's what we give up to have the automatic, and I think it's a reasonable trade.

VFORCEJOHN's clutch mod helps a lot in longer drag races, so I hear.

I raced some friends at the dunes last weekend, but at Little Sahara OK it was hard to find a flat place longer than 300'. I was beating 2 Predators, a LT-R450 (with the baffle still in the exhaust) and a 416EX with 12.5:1 compression. However, the Preddys were just getting to 4th gear by the end and it was evident they would have caught & passed me if we'd gone another 100 feet.

However, at the end of the day I wasn't the one bitching about a sore left hand.[/b]
you can spend 1200 bucks on a rappy 700 and make about 2 bikes different. my neighbor has done it..went to trinity and got a bbk programmer pipe..everything, and he gained 2 bike over the 3 he had on me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks ALOT smaller than the V... Sometimes I think I would like a smaller atv to throw around with my weight. But that smaller atv would most likly be a suzuki 450 or a new kfx450. Hell I always forget about having too shift.. :shock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts