Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (09brutus @ Feb 22 2009, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have had mine for about six months now and they are getting chewed up pretty good now. No flats though. Running 3psi in them now for winter. They suck on ice and hard pack snow. The only time they are good in snow is if it is warm out to make the snow sticky. You can wheelie going through 2 feet of snow. It's fun. I like them in the mud and work well on rocks and hard pack. They seem to get chewed up pretty bad on shale, but most do. I won't buy again. Maybe try zillas or outlaw MST's.[/b]
I put 1800km on my set before I sold them. I loved thoes tires to death. I had 25" swamplites before the 27" XTR's and thought the XTR's were better in every situation I put them in.
with 1800km on my set, the front tires showed 90% tread left, and the rears were about 60%

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my XTR's over a year now and they are still doing very good. No flats or any problems. They do suck in the cold though. I bet I still have over an inch of tread left. My quad has about 1700 km on it now and I will most likely go through an engine before I need new tires. My buddy has Zillas and had two flats last time we were out in the mountains. They are only three months old and are worn more than mine. Some rocks cut slashes in the side walls. Not very tough!!! He is very disappointed!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow reading all this info on the XTR's as that was what was on my bike when I bought it. They tires & rims literally had zero miles when I bought it and they were just put on. I thought they performed superb. However, I have nothing to compare them to since I never rode with the stockers LOL.

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Wow reading all this info on the XTR's as that was what was on my bike when I bought it. They tires & rims literally had zero miles when I bought it and they were just put on. I thought they performed superb. However, I have nothing to compare them to since I never rode with the stockers LOL.
Good tire. No neeed to get others right now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good tire. No neeed to get others right now.
Glad to hear that ... shew! I can't afford any other tire right now anyway so they would have to stay on here for a bit. One thing I noticed with these tires is you have to be careful turning at any rate of speed or you'll find yourself feeling like you'll be pushed off the bike literally. This is especially true when they dig in while turning.

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Glad to hear that ... shew! I can't afford any other tire right now anyway so they would have to stay on here for a bit. One thing I noticed with these tires is you have to be careful turning at any rate of speed or you'll find yourself feeling like you'll be pushed off the bike literally. This is especially true when they dig in while turning.
They do have a bite. When I had mine I called my Brute the "roto-tiller"...lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 27x9 and 27x11 on mine and they out perform my buddies 750 on swamp lites in the same size. He gets stuck alot in stuff I walk right through!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts