Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove the bike with the MS mod and it seems to have better throttle response and maybe feels faster. I haven't had a chance to race the wifes yet and see but I will let you know. I was jetted at 190/195 and was told to go up min 15 numbers so I just drilled them out to 3/32nds. I runs fine now. These jets are huge it makes me wonder if the needle jets can't flow anymore that's why we need such big jets. Has anybody tryed to run with out main jets at all? I had a sled that ran fine with out main jets because the tubes were too small and they{tubes or needle jets} were doing the metering.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When you put the hole in between the intake boots, you are now pulling from both of the carbs instead of just one. This is why you need more jetting. You have lost the draw on the single carb as you had before. It takes more jet to compensate for the loss of vacuum pulling the fuel from the jet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Anything that increases HP is probably going to increase fuel consumption a bit.

If you're worried about MPG stop riding on sand. :lol:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think it is using more fuel, at least in that large of a quantity. If that is the case, I am using a ton. You are using vacuum to pull the fuel from the jet. When you are only sucking on one carb at a time, it has a ton of vacuum, and it opens the slide all the way, and alot of fuel is being drawn from a relatively small jet.

Now, when you do the MS mod, or something like my intake, it now uses both carbs to feed one cylinder. You have greatly reduced your draw on the jet, so not nearly as much fuel is coming out of them. You are jetting up to allow the same amount of fuel to come from the larger jet, as was coming from the smaller ones earlier.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The company is Chapman Racing and the user name is Flynt.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It definatly pulls harder now. I kill the wifes so bad it's an embarassment, and the wifes has all the bolt on's. Runs $hitty cold but good when it's warm. What does MS stand for anyway?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FastestBF is Mike Strider. Flynt is out of louisiana, Chapmans is from NC.

it should be under chapmanperformance.com

As for your question, I don't think they are doing much other than sticking the tube in there. You could do it yourself I am sure.

·
Registered
254 Posts
He did a nice job. I'm curious how well the silicone sealer is going to hold up.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used "Automotive Goop" Yes that is what it is called but so far it's worked awesome. It hardens fairly fast, is fairly thick so stays in place good, it's not effected by gas{obviously} and does not harden rock hard, it stays just abit harder than silicone. I have only a few week ends on mine but it still looks like the day I did it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the ms mod is a good one but they are no way i would pay $150 bucks for it when it dosent cost $10.00 to do it your self 1'' pice of pipe cut holes in the intake boot some good stuff to seal it with and your done

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did mine free with 3/16"fuel line a foot long,connected to the vacuum nipples on the boots.Can I Say Nipples(o)(o)!!!!! :D Quick way of seeing how it runs with the MS Mod.Running the 37's with the MS mod has all the topend I need.(For Now)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Flyin V
FastestBF is Mike Strider. Flynt is out of louisiana, Chapmans is from NC.

it should be under chapmanperformance.com

As for your question, I don't think they are doing much other than sticking the tube in there. You could do it yourself I am sure.

Flynt's out of Byram MS. FPC is his company. http://www.flyntscustomperformance.com/ :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts