Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 26 mudlites on my 750 and they are looking tired, i,m thinking of going up to 28,s 10,s on front and 12,s on rear. will i need to put a clutch kit on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
with mudlights.. no you wont need a clutch kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that a slam against mudlites?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
946 Posts
No I doubt its a slam against mudlites. their just a very light tire and they ride well so its not as hard to push them as say an Outlaw or Mudzilla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by |Brute650|
No I doubt its a slam against mudlites. their just a very light tire and they ride well so its not as hard to push them as say an Outlaw or Mudzilla[/b]
Yep, that's right. I've had all 3 of them tires. Mudlites are light weight & not NEAR as aggresive as outlaws or zillas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are zilla,s and outlaws a one purpose tire, i mean they don,t look like a very comfortable trail tire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
28" Laws are kind of rough riding, 28" Zillas are rough up to about 8 mph. Due to the straight line lugs in the center, they smooth out real nice on the hard pack. I like the Zillas for an all around tire, if 28" is what you're gonna run. Now 29.5 Laws ride alot smoother than the 28" I got 29.5's now. MEAN AZZ TIRE!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by mudlift
28" Laws are kind of rough riding, 28" Zillas are rough up to about 8 mph. Due to the straight line lugs in the center, they smooth out real nice on the hard pack. I like the Zillas for an all around tire, if 28" is what you're gonna run. Now 29.5 Laws ride alot smoother than the 28" I got 29.5's now. MEAN AZZ TIRE![/b]
Hey, I'm wanting to go with Outlaws on my Brute 750, what all does it require to wedge a set of 29.5's under it? Also, what's the biggest outlaw I can fit under it without wheel spacers or a lift kit? I'm tryin' to get ready for Mud Nationals this year and am working on a small budget. If it helps I have the ITP Delta steel rims, I think they have a 1" offset.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody(D.F.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
If you want 28", I would go with the Mud Bugs. They are much better in the mud than the Mud Lites and they do not plug up in the sticky mud like the mud lites do. More puncture resistant as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
29.5's fit without a lift?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
This is what you need to build. The plastic around my headlights are starting to breal around the screws. These would be cool if they were SS.

Nice stuff you make Mudlift!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Roofer
This is what you need to build. The plastic around my headlights are starting to breal around the screws. These would be cool if they were SS.

Nice stuff you make Mudlift!
[/b]
WOW, great idea. I second that idea!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by johnny010
mudlites are lighter than the bugs.[/b]
Official weights from the their websites are:

Mud Lite XL
28x10x12 26.8 lb.
28x12x12 28.4 lb.

Mud Bug
28x10x12 25.6 lb.
28x12x12 30.6 lb.

Pretty equal weights. When you consider how much better the bugs are in mud as well as how much better they wear it is no comparison in my books.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top