Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glenn what were your mods again? And does Jim do something close to what you have had done to your clutch? (only better cause it's Jim's work :lol: )

F

·
0 Posts
I have a set of 36mm carbs from a cbr600, a cheapie twin air filter on a bart's Box, and a Muzzy pipe.

The clutch is a stage 3 hybrid with a Dalton OD cover. Basically, it was modded once before John got it, and then he did what he could with it. It currently has the Maroon in it, but definitely accelerated faster with the EPI Almond. It has the Prairie 58G weights.

The bike is currently running over 8500RPM's in near 3/8's of a mile, but it is at 8400 within a 1/4 mile. Just takes a while to get any faster. I talked with John, and he felt that 8300 was near 80MPH, so I am over that now. I believe that at 8800, on the rev limiter with a set of 20" tires, it is supposed to be around 84MPH. I am determined to hit that mark.

It's not going to be the fastest, and win all drag races, but it is plenty of fun, and I don't feel like I have wasted any money with what I have.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the weights are just regular Prairie 58gr weights as they come right of the self? Or did they get ground to slightly lighten them but, left the mass still at the tip?

On that stage three, when who ever turns them, do they all pretty much get the same "new cut" on the plate where the belt rides? And thats more about getting the belt to shift farther out than anything, Correct? I know theres more to it than that. I'm only asking about the plate machining.

I just ordered that TwinAir for myself, along with some swingarm bearings, and a clutch puller from Jesse. I don't see myself getting any 36mm any time soon. But, I will put my feelers out around here, and if any surface I'll grab 'em.

As far as my jetting goes. I really think I can get it right on without the LM-1 or at least close enough for now. You see when I was trying to re- jet I was also running 4/57gr Daltons with 2/2.5gr rivets in two of them. I really think that it did not tach up much with that setup, and along with those Big heavy Kenda Bearclaws on steel rims that didn't help either.
When I swap to 2/stock 54's, and 2/Dalton 57's and lose the rivets, and go back to stock tires & rims. I know the rpm's will come back up to somewhere near where they are suppose to be. Speaking of that. Where are they suppose to be? Where would that be for me? Because I do have a tach. I just never mounted it. I got that years back when I worked with Helix. I had a theory about dialing it in useing one I just never followed through.

8500 rpm's, and your looking for 8800. Isn't that a bit high on stock cams to keep making power! If not than holy cow am I off. I bet I've never hit 7000. Maybe thats my problem all along. Well I know you will succeed in your quest of 84mph keep me posted. And thanks for being there for me once again. I think we can get some of that "fun" you mentioned installed in mine before long, and at very little cost. And hell I already won all drags races but one now. And he moved to Virginia....Ed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts