Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently chagned my camshaft chains and retimed my engine. it starts fine now but its not getting power like it used to.it slowly climbs to 30 mph when it used to jump to 40+ no problem. i checked the carb and saw that the carb vacuum diagpharms werent opeing when i give it throttle. they are only a quarter of the way open and just stay there. should i replace the black rubber membranes or is there any way to check if im getting enough vacuum for them to open? i think that may be the problem.any ideas. thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Oh I think you better check the valve timing again. Something is off somewhere. And...you must have the airbox lid on and sealed in order for it to operate correctly so as long as it's open, the CV slides won't work correctly anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speaking of airbox seal, my 2005 BF 750 doesn’t have one. It appears the idiot before me used silicone as his seal! Where can I purchase one? I’ve checked a few websites with no luck.

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Speaking of airbox seal, my 2005 BF 750 doesn’t have one. It appears the idiot before me used silicone as his seal! Where can I purchase one? I’ve checked a few websites with no luck.
If you can't find it on cheapcycleparts.com then it's probably not available anymore. One of the drawbacks of owning an old machine.

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
It may be that when you installed the diaphragms on the carbs, that you did not install the little brass jet in the diaphragm or maybe the seal on the cover is not good. Recheck the diaphragms .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts