Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Loss of topend and torque

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  NMKAWIERIDER 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Kawasaki prairie 360 4x4, at first it ran normal then I reset the belt light checked the belt everything looked good, was told the carb was replaced after inspection it was new outta the box
But now when I run it it runs fine until I go full throttle then it's limited to like 10 15mph with no fast acceleration and when I go up any incline it bogs down and limps up and if I reverse and use the override button it goes faster then then if I was going forward in drive I have the tools and knowledge to fix whatever the issue is I just don't know what the issue is

#3 ·
The belt light was flashing when I got it but I reset it after I checked the belt but when I did do the reset I thought I pulled some wire but found out it was a dummy plug after some research and I did accidentally pulled the 2 wire plug
As for the carb I was told it was the correct model built by a different company most likely china I do have the original whichbim going to have rebuilt
What's limp mode and how do I tell if I'm in or out of it and how do I get out of it
I should note when atv is in neutral I can get the rpm higher then if I was driving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.