Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Kawasaki prairie 360 4x4, at first it ran normal then I reset the belt light checked the belt everything looked good, was told the carb was replaced after inspection it was new outta the box
But now when I run it it runs fine until I go full throttle then it's limited to like 10 15mph with no fast acceleration and when I go up any incline it bogs down and limps up and if I reverse and use the override button it goes faster then then if I was going forward in drive I have the tools and knowledge to fix whatever the issue is I just don't know what the issue is

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds like it's still in limp mode. Belt may actually have a problem or one of the actuators. Is there any blinking lights on the pod? Who replaced the carburetor and are you sure it was the right one?
The belt light was flashing when I got it but I reset it after I checked the belt but when I did do the reset I thought I pulled some wire but found out it was a dummy plug after some research and I did accidentally pulled the 2 wire plug
As for the carb I was told it was the correct model built by a different company most likely china I do have the original whichbim going to have rebuilt
What's limp mode and how do I tell if I'm in or out of it and how do I get out of it
I should note when atv is in neutral I can get the rpm higher then if I was driving

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
The belt light was flashing when I got it but I reset it after I checked the belt but when I did do the reset I thought I pulled some wire but found out it was a dummy plug after some research and I did accidentally pulled the 2 wire plug
As for the carb I was told it was the correct model built by a different company most likely china I do have the original whichbim going to have rebuilt
What's limp mode and how do I tell if I'm in or out of it and how do I get out of it
I should note when atv is in neutral I can get the rpm higher then if I was driving
Limp Mode is a mode the CDI goes into when an error is detected such as the belt switch tripped or an actuator problem. It's a mode that implements an RPM limiter to reduce stresses on possible items with a problem so you might be able to get home or back to civilization. Most often any error of this type will cause a light to flash suck as the belt light or the 2/4wd light. If none are flashing it suggests there is something else wrong...maybe with the fuel supply system or electrical...as in low coil power. It can also be as simple as a gas tank vent check valve stuck not letting air in as the pump take fuel out creating a vacuum on the tank and this low fuel supply. Cam chain may also have jumped a tooth so might check the valve timing. All simple stuff to check. Also check that the air box is on correctly and sealed. These run with a vacuum on the box so if it's leaking of the lid is off, it will run too lead above about 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Limp Mode is a mode the CDI goes into when an error is detected such as the belt switch tripped or an actuator problem. It's a mode that implements an RPM limiter to reduce stresses on possible items with a problem so you might be able to get home or back to civilization. Most often any error of this type will cause a light to flash suck as the belt light or the 2/4wd light. If none are flashing it suggests there is something else wrong...maybe with the fuel supply system or electrical...as in low coil power. It can also be as simple as a gas tank vent check valve stuck not letting air in as the pump take fuel out creating a vacuum on the tank and this low fuel supply. Cam chain may also have jumped a tooth so might check the valve timing. All simple stuff to check. Also check that the air box is on correctly and sealed. These run with a vacuum on the box so if it's leaking of the lid is off, it will run too lead above about 1/4 throttle.
I appreciate your time and knowledge I will take a look when I can
I was reading another forum that had the same issues they had mention a battery issue what are your thoughts
I bought it this year the only thing I did was reset the belt light and put fresh fuel and some seafoam cause tge owner said it was garage kept never used justvstarted every once in awhile

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
I appreciate your time and knowledge I will take a look when I can
I was reading another forum that had the same issues they had mention a battery issue what are your thoughts
I bought it this year the only thing I did was reset the belt light and put fresh fuel and some seafoam cause tge owner said it was garage kept never used justvstarted every once in awhile
Battery and charging system must be within specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts