Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for an EPS kit and I have googled extensively with no luck.
EZ steer currently only show kit listing for sxs.
Anyone got info on where I can get EPS kit for my 2014 BF 650i?
I'm in Canada.
TIA.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
SATV/EZ steer was the only ones making them for the Brute but they stopped years ago. They were making a universal kit that might be adapted in but you would have to make your own bracket and modify the stem and bearing. I think you are just SOL IMO. Buy a new Brute with PS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its starting to look that way. I can get a kit for a 2011 BF 750.
Is there a difference in the frames from the 2011 and the 2013. I ask because fitment is for 2008 to 2011 but I didn't think the frames changed.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Yeah, its starting to look that way. I can get a kit for a 2011 BF 750.
Is there a difference in the frames from the 2011 and the 2013. I ask because fitment is for 2008 to 2011 but I didn't think the frames changed.
Well, as far as I know, the 650i used the same frame all its building years and it was the same as the pre-2012s so...the kit for the 2011 should work. Look up the part numbers for the steering stems and lower bearing for yours and the 11 BF. If they are the same..go for it. I loved the one I put on my 2006. One thing to keep in mind is they do need a lot of power and can pull-down the battery pretty fast. You might think about a better stator, battery and regulator later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going thru old threads I found that Onslow installed the same kit that listed a 2007-11 750 fitment on a 2012 650i without issue.
I checked parts numbers for the stem, stem bearing, bearing clamp etc and they r identical for the 2011 750 and 2013 650.
It all checks out so I ordered the kit.

·
Super Moderator
GOD BLESS 🇺🇸
1,210 Posts
Nice. Keep us posted with the results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
Vendor is refunding my money because they don't have it in stock.
So then I contacted SuperATV and asked if they have the kit.
Threy replied saying it is not offered for that model of ATV.
So those that got the kit for a 2011 BF 750 are lucky because its no longer available.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Yeah...we were lucky. Back in 2013 when me and Rick were testing these I did this video. This was the first version which has some controller problems and needed some adjustments in the torque bar. But after our input SATV came out with the 380 watt version and gave then to us and a massive discount to also test. They were flawless, solid and worth every penny. Anyway, this was the video I did back then after installing on my 06 750. A bit long now that I looked at it again but...fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good review vid. Good job
I don't understand why they're not producing the kit for the BF anymore, especially since they got the glitches tested out of it and it works reliably and people want it.
Puzzling....

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Good review vid. Good job
I don't understand why they're not producing the kit for the BF anymore, especially since they got the glitches tested out of it and it works reliably and people want it.
Puzzling....
Demand went down I guess. In 2012 the 750s came with factory PS. I did love it on mine though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Possibly. Mine is a 2014.
I'm sure there's more riders than I that would buy the kit if available.
I run tracks in the winter and eps would be awesome

·
Registered
70 Posts
I bet the EZ steer system was more assist than the factory Kawasaki system is too. The factory Kawi system is not that impressive when compared to other ATV's on the market. I can only assume Kawi is happy with how it is setup because they have never changed the assist levels since 2012 haha. In fact, my brother in laws 2012 feels like it has more power steering assist than my 2020 does.

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
I bet the EZ steer system was more assist than the factory Kawasaki system is too. The factory Kawi system is not that impressive when compared to other ATV's on the market. I can only assume Kawi is happy with how it is setup because they have never changed the assist levels since 2012 haha. In fact, my brother in laws 2012 feels like it has more power steering assist than my 2020 does.
Yeah it did..especially the 380watt unit. I could sit on concrete at a dead stop and turn it with one finger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts