CONNECTIONS,
ABOVE BELT HOUSING,
CAN I SWAP THOSE
USING THE SAME PROCEDURE
TO RESET THE CVT LIGHT...???

·
Registered
651 Posts
the connections that you are looking for should be under the seat, not on the cvt cover.

I had to do mine this weekend out in the woods, pretty simple if you can get the connectors apart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE REPLY,
NONE OF THE CONNECTORS
UNDER THE SEAT LOOK SWAPPABLE
LIKE ALL
THE IMAGES/VIDEOS I'VE BEEN SEARCHING

·
Registered
651 Posts
ok, here are some pics of what you are looking for:

first pic shows the black connector and the "grey reset connector" at end of screwdrivers

second pic- swap these two connectors after you get them apart.

Unplug both connectors and insert the grey one into the black one, and black into grey. like this:

Turn the key on for approx 10 seconds until cvt light begins to flash quickly

turn key off

reconnect black to black and turn key on. Your light should be out. But only do this if you know the belt deflection is good. I beleive the cvt warning light comes on every 800 miles or there about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MINE DOESN'T HAVE THE GREY CONNECTOR
TO SWAP LIKE THAT,
WISH I COULD SEND PICTURE,
NO CONNECTORS MATCH UP PIN WISE
UNDER THE SEAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DOESN'T LOOK LIKE
ANYTHING HAS BEEN CUT
OR REMOVED EITHER,
I'M STUMPED,
LOOKS SIMILAR TO YOURS
JUST MISSING THAT
GREY RESET CONNECTOR

·
Registered
651 Posts
well, i think there is another way to do it with the old paperclip trick. Really, all you are doing is looping the connection between the red and black wires.

Do a search on here, maybe in the stickies and on youtube...I know I've seen it somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I WOULD THINK SO TOO,
IT'S KIND OF A DEAD END LOOP PLUG,
IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN,
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,
I'VE SEARCHED FOR DAY'S
ON THIS HEADACHE,
HOPEFULLY I FIND SOMETHING SOON

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to disconnect the 2 wire connector at the cvt case before you turn the key on then let the led blink for 7 sec and plug it back in, turn the key off and it should be good. This may not be exact but your 2 wire at the housing is your issue!

·
Registered
520 Posts
The 2014 connectors are different as I recall than the earlier year brutes - but those plugs are there, they look different than the earlier brutes. Snap a pic of the plug connectors under the seat towards the rear - I posted about this on another forum, but cant find the post.

Check this link out - download the manual NMK posted on the second page - Go to section 16 - 75 in the manual and check it out.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwik6JS3_e_LAhVElx4KHT93BygQrAIITSgBMAU&url=http://www.brutecentral.com/forums/brute-engine-drivetrain/14956-2013-750i-camo-32-hours-cvt-light-flashing.html&usg=AFQjCNHdqBBi0HzPeSD568Vn2AwLBjecNg

·
Registered
651 Posts
weird thing is that I jest reset mine last week while out riding...I did not disconnect anything at the cvt. Then again, it was just at the 200 hour mark so it was a belt check, not limp mode.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I don't know about the 12+ models but with the 08 to 11 models you don't have to disconnect at the cvt , just hit the reset button on the pod once you've made the connection under the seat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts