Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m going to try and install my light bar before I head out on my ride tomorrow and don’t know much about electrical. My question for you guys who know these things would be this. Is there any type of Buss connector like there is on SxS’s? And if so, where is it at? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

·
Super Moderator
13,702 Posts
So I’m going to try and install my light bar before I head out on my ride tomorrow and don’t know much about electrical. My question for you guys who know these things would be this. Is there any type of Buss connector like there is on SxS’s? And if so, where is it at? Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
There is not. Depending on the actual amp draw, people usually use the high beam circuit as a relay positive trigger. The line power is from a fused lead from the battery.
This may help you with wiring the relay:

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
20 Posts
Yeah, using the very common 30A or 40A automotive relay is the best bet. These are the typical relays that are about 1" cubed. The reason is it isolates the new accessory from the stock wiring. What PIN 86 reads on the diagram above is a little ambiguous. What you want to connect to there is whatever will turn ON the lights. That connection requires very low power so connecting that line to the OEM light switch on the handle bars is a good choice.
If you rather not probe the factory wiring for the right one you can just add simple on/off switch with 1 side connected to a "keyed" 12V source. That is one where you have power when you turn the key. Connecting that line directly to the battery will work also doing it that way makes it independent of the "key off" function which shuts down everything electrical. If you forget to turn the lights off you will soon have a dead battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts