Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 2” lift on a brute force 750 break stock axles? I mostly trail ride with very little mud

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Would a 2” lift on a brute force 750 break stock axles? I mostly trail ride with very little mud
Then why would you want a lift. Trail riders don't lift their machines because it makes them unstable. Yes, high speeds with the CV joints at maximum angles will wear and break CV joints more often then wallowing in the mud slowly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would a 2” lift on a brute force 750 break stock axles?
Then why would you want a lift. Trail riders don't lift their machines because it makes them unstable. Yes, high speeds with the CV joints at maximum angles will wear and break CV joints more often then wallowing in the mud slowly.
I continuously find myself bottoming out on rocks, stumps, logs, and deep ruts and I need the extra clearance so I don’t damage my machine

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
Might be disappointed on off-camber situations. Usually we recommend better skid plates for stuff like that. But go for it. You can always take it off and sell it on ebay if it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might be disappointed on off-camber situations. Usually we recommend better skid plates for stuff like that. But go for it. You can always take it off and sell it on ebay if it doesn't work out.
For sure, thanks for the reply! What’s a good aftermarket set of skid plates

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
There are several out there that are good. I had and recommend Ricochet and never even dented them in almost 10 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You could also go up a size in tires to get a little more ground clearance. It would have been nice if Kawi would have switched to arched a-arms like some of the other manufacturers have to give you an extra bit of ground clearance. I wish Kawi would reinvest in their ATV line and start competing with the outlanders! I was honestly a little disappointed that my 2020 Brute was pretty much identical to my brother in laws 2012. I would have thought they would have done something in 8 years other than update the EFI system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could also go up a size in tires to get a little more ground clearance. It would have been nice if Kawi would have switched to arched a-arms like some of the other manufacturers have to give you an extra bit of ground clearance. I wish Kawi would reinvest in their ATV line and start competing with the outlanders! I was honestly a little disappointed that my 2020 Brute was pretty much identical to my brother in laws 2012. I would have thought they would have done something in 8 years other than update the EFI system.
The only difference since 2012 is they did a big exhaust modification for emissions and stuff and changed the rad size and cooling system in 2016. But I’d rather a brute over a can am or any of that American garbage, Japanese bikes are far more reliable and built better. Specs isn’t everything. I’d rather have a bike to get me home rather than something that has a few more hp lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, every year I check the new models to see if they have done anything new. No point buying a new one when it's the same as my '08. Although I was excited to see that there is a new motor going into the Terex this year, at least it means there might be hope!
BTW - I regularly pick up complete Brutes for $500 and get them fixed for friends using parts that we have already. But I sense we are a dying breed, only groups of Canams and Po-Pos on the trails these days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I agree, every year I check the new models to see if they have done anything new. No point buying a new one when it's the same as my '08. Although I was excited to see that there is a new motor going into the Terex this year, at least it means there might be hope!
BTW - I regularly pick up complete Brutes for $500 and get them fixed for friends using parts that we have already. But I sense we are a dying breed, only groups of Canams and Po-Pos on the trails these days.
Not the same as your 08 but I get what your saying lol, new ones have power steering, fuel injection, and new exhaust and cooling system and whole new look. And I’m thinking the same thing man, around here it’s just about everything but kawi

1 - 13 of 13 Posts