Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my lift kit on my 07 750, I had no problems on the rear, The front has some major binding issues. The front ball joints wont let the suspension down far enough to get the lift in properly. :(

When the front suspension is fully extended the ball joints reach there limits and make it very hard to turn the front wheels. :cuss:

Has anyone else have this problem or is this just on the 07 due to the changes on the front end.

I have it on the quad now and love the look and it doesn't bind when you sit on it and riding on flat ground but it will bind up the ball joints when the suspension is fully extended and make it difficult to steer and will wear out the ball joint pretty fast . I also have my preload on the softest setting for a better ride. If it were on the stiffest setting it would only cause more problems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by BRUTECENTRAL
Interesting. Where did you get your lift? What brand?[/b]
ss atv.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So what did you guys come up with on the binding of the ball joints? My buddy had the same prob with the HL kit on his 06 brute. I had to stand on the spindle and grab the rack to pull them apart in order to get the brackets on. He took it off and sold it but iv often just wondered if it was just beacouse it was the HL one.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Put the bolts in, but do not tighten them. Take a large screwdriver & pry the shock towards the bike. This will straighten the shock to the correct angle. It will stay in place while you install the rest of the brackets for the front lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts