Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if my daughter could handle a KX85 for a first bike. She has rode a 2001 LT160, my old 2003 Grizz a little, and the Kodiak 450.

I was wondering if maybe I taught her in the sand pits, the sand would lessen the "hit" of the mighty little KX.

Here is the little KX on the left...

If not, maybe I'd get her a DRZ125 like this...

·
Registered
31 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by KevinB427
If she's tall enuf and just going to trail ride I'd go with the DRZ 125. Kawasaki also sells the same version of that bike. It's the KLX 125 I think. The 85 might have to much hit for a begining rider.[/b]
That would be the KLX 110...great little bike, I'd go with that one before the KX for a beginner.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by KevinB427
If she's tall enuf and just going to trail ride I'd go with the DRZ 125. Kawasaki also sells the same version of that bike. It's the KLX 125 I think. The 85 might have to much hit for a begining rider.[/b]
That made my day! Yeah...the four will be better for her first bike I believe. Definately a green one!

·
Registered
30 Posts
11 years old on a 2 stroke 85. This is not her first bike, but with a trail machine, the sky is not the limit once your daughter gets good and comfortable.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks guys. This is what I'm saying. Don't limit them with the bikes you're buying. They will learn throttle control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts