Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this new kfx cover and there is a hole in this thing is this a drain hole I presume?...I want this new scatter Blanket designed around this cover because I think I can get 100* of it covered for added saftey except the upper air outlet . I think if you want this on a ute, better get a Kfx cover because of the Kbec and switch this is too much open area ... :paranoid: Looks like a Good site Jay and a strong showing allready, Congrats on your effort.....JH Machine

F

·
0 Posts
Hey Jim, glad to see you over here buddy......

Yep, the hole in the bottom of the cover is a drain hole for when we take the quads swimmin. :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I find it a little contratictory that Kawasaki put a rubber seal on the cover, then put a drain hole in the bottom.

Seems to me the drain hole is the only place water can get in - unless you manage to suck it in through the cool air intake, but that would be a trick since it has a drip bend in it to collect water.

IMHO a removable plug makes more sense.. but what do I know? :retard:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I thought it was, my early Prairie dont have that and I dont recall seeing it on any 04 T/Ps...I reckon I did not see the cork in the parts diagram...Its on its way to the shrapnel God now for a prototype Blanket...might pipe tap it and try a plastic plug that goes in racing fittings looks like a 3/8ths might catch it...Thanks Glenn Glad to be here I got some neat stuff coming here at JH and will stop in time to time. I found a neat deal to be jacking these weights up I am playing with in my head...The Boys are supposed to be bringing my frankenstiner Mutt clutch back tonight...Ever seen a T/P 700 or Prairie beating on Bombs getting to the funnel in the woods :nod: with swamp tires even..I was laughing. Pit crew screwed up or we would have a top 5 easy..Them Bomber guys have a Good holeshot and block procedure. We know what we need and will be good to go next time...We sure got a good kid he dont know quit. Get some good prairies and riders and work together The funnel will be wild next year. 4th in the woods and ran a solid 4th all day untill I pulled the pit up...they threw in another lap no fuel man, even the efi units had to take fuel ...I am just sick about it :puke:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I thought it was my early Prairie dont have that and I dont recall seeing it on any 04 T/Ps...I reckon I did not see the cork in the parts diagram...Its on its way to the shrapnel God now for a prototype Blanket...might pipe tap it and try a plastic plug that goes in racing fittings looks like a 3/8ths might catch it...Thanks Glenn Glad to be here I got some neat stuff coming here at JH and will stop in time to time. I found a neat deal to be jacking these weights up I am playing with in my head...The Boys are supposed to be bringing my frankenstiner Mutt clutch back tonight...Ever seen a T/P 700 or Prairie beating on Bombs getting to the funnel in the woods :nod: with swamp tires even..I was laughing. Pit crew screwed up or we would have a top 5 easy..Them Bomber guys have a Good holeshot and block procedure. We know what we need and will be good to go next time...We sure got a good kid he dont know quit. Get some good prairies and riders and work together The funnel will be wild next year :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts