Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, here's a little race I had w/ my BIL in his raptor 700r, his mods are HMF slip on and a power commander and my mods were full Muzzy exhaust, 12 1" holes and EPI pink spring. We race a few times and the 2 out 5 that I won was either because he let off for whatever reason or missed gear. Now I have a twin air and the almond spring and we will be racing again this weekend, hopefully he will now race 300'. BTW I raced a piped, filter and sprocket banshee and beat him everytime in a 300' race. I'd love to say I did the same to my buddies modded YFZ, but I'll admit I beat the driver, still a win though.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4cc9df8...8ae0168a949.htm

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He already know about the 2nd gear launch. Anyway we raced a few times and I was very confident at first because I beat my other buddy w/ 07 raptor 700 but he weights close to 60 pounds more than my BIL.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a Dynatek do the same thing? Timing keys seems like a lot of work to me.

C

·
0 Posts
Yes they will Pipo and with better pull all the way through the throttle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by CamoKVF700
Yes they will Pipo and with better pull all the way through the throttle.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Does the Dynatek raise the timing as much as 6% ? I'm thinking about getting a Dynatek now but at the Dynatek webite they didnt say how much? They sale them for $205.00 don't know if they chatge shipping, can't be much. :) I was thinking about doing the 6% Key and the Dynatek, at the time I thought it was mainly a rev limiter, would it be too much timing boost to use both??? Thanks for the info Camo!!! :)

C

·
0 Posts
Stock is 28 degrees. Key is 6. 34 degrees will give you good performance. I have one in my wife's P700 with a module. It works good. Adding a Dynatek will put you over the safe limit. I have heard of a few that have run them together with no problems. I wonder about that. I installed a VDI in that quad and programmed it to offset the key for a 36 degree advance and it pulled harder than the key.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today was a great day guys. I raced the same raptor again and beat him 9 times out of 16 races. I added 3 more holes cause I checked the plugs and it was running a little rich and it was running strong from bottom to top. :unibrow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts