Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Computers suck. So stuck in limp mode I have reset it 3 times now. Even installed a cvt safty delete for engine breaking. And this ...... very fine peace of machinery still uses engine break at 8-10mph. I'm at a loss

68 Posts
Computers suck. So stuck in limp mode I have reset it 3 times now. Even installed a cvt safty delete for engine breaking. And this ...... very fine peace of machinery still uses engine break at 8-10mph. I'm at a loss
There is more than just the cvt switch that can cause you to go into limp mode. Check out our KEBC delete kit, it will get you out of limp mode and give you the option to completely remove your KEBC actuator! https://sgroiinnovations.com/collec...te-force-prairie-kebc-delete-hole-cover-combo

68 Posts
Only thing I didnt do is remove kebc from inside ctv
Do you mind expanding on that a bit? Are you referencing the fork inside the KEBC?

Check your messages too please, definitely want to help you get this figured out!

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
And just for clarity, all CVT systems will act as an engine brake on deceleration until the clutches release the belt from the crankshaft, weather its a belt-slammer like the brute or wet clutch like my Z or Yamaha. For the Brute without the help of the actuator and fork system keeping the belt engaged down to about 2mph, the clutch releases about 9mph. As for the other issue, if neither the belt light or the 4wd light is flashing, it technically isn't in any limp mode and the problem is elsewhere. Maybe leaking carb/TB boots, low fuel pressure, low power to the coils or ECU/CDI, maybe a bad pulse coil or vehicle down sensor...ect. Could also be bad valves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I got kit only I didnt do was remove cvt cover. If I go over 8mph I falls flat on its face I got brand new primary and am running red and maroon springs

·
Super Moderator
14,100 Posts
I guess I'm just not understanding. If the engine brake actuator no longer does anything, then the fork is in the retracted position and engine braking...which is only on decel as it shifts down, is terminated around 9mph. It has nothing to do with accelerating upward. There is something else going on. Maybe even the wet brake in the rear gear case is being activated under power...they can if the pinion bearing retainer comes loose. Many did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts