Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

Its deer season but im about to shoot this brute

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Earley2022 
#1 ·
Computers suck. So stuck in limp mode I have reset it 3 times now. Even installed a cvt safty delete for engine breaking. And this ...... very fine peace of machinery still uses engine break at 8-10mph. I'm at a loss

#3 ·
#7 ·
And just for clarity, all CVT systems will act as an engine brake on deceleration until the clutches release the belt from the crankshaft, weather its a belt-slammer like the brute or wet clutch like my Z or Yamaha. For the Brute without the help of the actuator and fork system keeping the belt engaged down to about 2mph, the clutch releases about 9mph. As for the other issue, if neither the belt light or the 4wd light is flashing, it technically isn't in any limp mode and the problem is elsewhere. Maybe leaking carb/TB boots, low fuel pressure, low power to the coils or ECU/CDI, maybe a bad pulse coil or vehicle down sensor...ect. Could also be bad valves.

#10 ·
I guess I'm just not understanding. If the engine brake actuator no longer does anything, then the fork is in the retracted position and engine braking...which is only on decel as it shifts down, is terminated around 9mph. It has nothing to do with accelerating upward. There is something else going on. Maybe even the wet brake in the rear gear case is being activated under power...they can if the pinion bearing retainer comes loose. Many did.

#13 ·
So 2 years after you had a dealer install an aftermarket delete and it didn't work, your complaining. I have this delete on my 07 with zero issues in the past few months. Why take to a dealer when you can do it in the driveway in 30 minutes. If you're spitting and sputting in neutral it sounds like a fuel issue. Running the maroon and red springs might be too much, unless you're running 30 inch plus tires. Oh and warranty don't cover aftermarket parts.

#14 ·
No just been busy with life, 2years ya that happens when busy. Just recently got back on forum. Looking for electrical parts to see reply. So you mean to tell me that if you buy a supercharger and find it cracked you can't send it back TF out of here. Ya I remember when I had free time to install parts I'm 8 months in a engine swap. That reply wasn't for you so see your way out of it.

#15 ·
After talking with customer support going back and forth finding out that even if you have a certified Kawasaki dealership install delete kit and they mess it up during installation.

Thats what you typed. I read this as dealer installed a delete kit for and messed it up. Hold the dealer responsible not vendor you bought from. You bashed a vendor who makes his money selling to people like me and you. Before I bought my delete kit, I researched my opinions. This company had ZERO bad reviews. And your plug problem can be fixed with simple butt connections and heat shrink, but I need to see my way out. Peace dumbass. Mods delete or band me I don't give a ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.