Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been covered before, but I couldn't find it.

Does/has anyone used the inner fenders offered on Kawasaki's accessory catalog?
They look like they will fill the gap behind the front shocks and close that area in. That sounds like a good idea to me...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm assuming that you have an 05'? As the 06' and 07' come factory with them.

·
Registered
180 Posts
does any one have photos of these? whats the kawi part #?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here's a pic of the factory one's on my 06'.You can buy the splash gaurd's and all the attachment hardware directly from kawi as a kit on there website, www.kawasaki.com. I did a little searching and they seem to be the cheapest directly from Kawi. Look under accessories for the Brute force. There $65.00 for the complete set although I think you could make a set yourself that shielded the engine even better for a lot less.Thats what I'd do if Mine didn't already have them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
...i've got an 06 and don't have the optional inners. there are some pieces like in bigmikes pic, but i can see some mounting holes on the protruding plastics that are lower down from what bigmike is showing. thats where the optionals mount to. it sucks cutting through a puddle and feeling my inside legs getting soaked

·
Registered
29 Posts
Left Side

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Silverbrute,

Those are the ones. They came today. My '07 did not have them when new.

I'll mount mine this weekend, along with some other goodies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
how do these work? and also do they mount right up to existing holes? i get soaked from water and slush coming thru that area. also my foot wells start to fill up with slush. i bet these would reduce this or maybe fully prevent it.
thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 06 750 didn't come with inner fenders. When riding fast in water or mud the steam or water would sometimes get into the intake and cause stalling or at least some spitting and sputtering. Ordered the fenders from Kaw and installed them. This fixed the problem. On the 06 I couldn't use the clamp and bolt supplied for the left side, the bolt rubbed the radiator hose. Used a heavy wire tie instead. I also ordered the small rear under the fender storage canister. It's small and only has a 1 LB. capacity but with the limited storage on the Brutes it helps. It's cool too because I've had a couple guys say" hey man you got dual exhaust on that thing".

·
Registered
141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by nathandbirdjr
It's cool too because I've had a couple guys say" hey man you got dual exhaust on that thing".[/b]
I actually saw a Brute on a trailer one time that someone had taken the aluminum tip from an HMF slip on and screwed it on to the lid of the storage container! I'm not much for "posers" but it did look pretty convincing at first glance!

·
Registered
121 Posts
BIGMIKE, I'm not a "poser" I just thought it was a neat conversation piece, and a little extra storage.

·
Registered
141 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by nathandbirdjr
BIGMIKE, I'm not a "poser" I just thought it was a neat conversation piece, and a little extra storage.[/b]
No,no, I didn't mean that toward you!
I meant the guy that bolted the HMF tip on the storage lid!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I made my own inner fenders from an old inner tube...works great and helps protect back side of radiator also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts