Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, MY NAME IS RANDY. IM NEW HERE. I JUST BOUGHT MY 1ST ATV AND ITS A '05 KFX700 BECUASE MY FATHER AND I ARE BUILDING A MUD DRAGS ON OUR LAND. I HAVE A TRUCK IM GOING TO RACE BUT I WANTED TO DO THE 4 WHEELER RACE TOO. SO LIKE I SAID IM NEW TO ALL THIS MY BIKE IS ALL STOCK. SO WHAT IS THE FIRST AND SECOND THING I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS THING RACE READY?

THANKS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WELL IM DOING MY RESEARCH. SO FAR I GUESS I WANT TO START WITH A DUAL EXHAUST, A CLUCH SPRING (DONT KNOW WHICH ONE) AND PADDLE TIRES (AGAIN DONT KNOW WHICH ONES). THEN ILL GO FROM THERE I GUESS. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A GOOD STARTING POINT?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH YEAH ONE MORE THING, THE MUD TRACK IS 280 FEET LONG. I THOUGHT THAT WAS PRETTY SHORT BUT TURNS OUT TO BE THE STANDARD IN MUD DRAGS. MIND YOU WE WILL HAVE FULL OUT MUD TRUCKS RACING OUT THERE AS WELL. OH AND I GUESS THE ONLY THING THAT IS WORRYING ME ABOUT THESE MODS IS THE JETTING. THATS WHERE I HAVE NO CLUE AND IM SURE I CAN REALLY SCREW THAT ONE UP. AND I DONT THINK IM COMPLETLY UNDERSTANDING THE WHOLE AIR BOX MOD. IM SORRY, IVE PLAYED ON OTHERS BIKES BEFORE BUT THIS IS MY 1ST ONE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If your going to mud drag you need a spring with some stall like the EPI red or the Dalton orange and blue. around here mud drags require street legal tires witch for quads means anything but paddles. If you can run paddles, don't skimp buy skat-trak's, nothing better for straight line traction.

AS far as jetting, it all depends on altitude, [above sea level] the higher you are means there is less oxygen in the air, which is really the key ingredient. You need a certain amount oxygen for spark to combust inside the engine. so the amont of oxygen intake must match the fuel intake, which must also match exhaust flow. If you increase one, to get the most out of it you need to increase all three

Hope thats not too confusing

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info. ok but here is one for ya that my buddy brought up last night. he has a mud truck, and i used to drag race a mustang so we are not new to racing, just quads. anyway, racing fuel, like VP. is it worth it? whats the highest octain i can run w/o breaking stuff? ect.....oh and just so you can laugh, ive had mine 3 days, last night i broke the tie rod. lol, but like ive read, they suck anyways.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK GREAT, THANKS. DONT WORRY IM SURE ILL COME UP WITH MORE QUESTIONS. GIVE ME A WHILE, THEN ILL BE THE ONE GIVING THE ANSWERS

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAMN, I'TS GONNA TAKE A WEEK TO GET ANOTHER TIE ROD END. I CALLED ALL OVER, NOTHING IN SAN ANTONIO. AND IVE ONLY HAD THE BIKE SINCE TUESDAY.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SWEET MY TIE ROD CAME IN!!!! :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY JUST AN UPDATE. SO WE DECIDED TO GO BIGGER THAN JUST A MUD DRAGS. WE ARE ALSO BUILDING A MUD BOG HOLE. MX TYPE TRACK AND WE ARE CUTTING SEVERAL MILES OF OFF ROAD TRACK. MAKING SOMETHING FOR EVERYBODY NOT JUST DRAG RACING

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey bud,
I can help you with the air box and a few things this weekend. I have an extra polaris white spring, which i really like, that you can use on your bike. can't wait to check your place out, and i can help you install the spring in like 30 min which will make your bike a little faster with just the spring, and it's great for drag racing.
later

·
Registered
76 Posts
Welcome to the site

I don't know where you got your tie rods at However you need to replace them with Venforcers rods they are 10 x stronger than the stock crap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by RANDALLPINK7
thanks for all the info. ok but here is one for ya that my buddy brought up last night. he has a mud truck, and i used to drag race a mustang so we are not new to racing, just quads. anyway, racing fuel, like VP. is it worth it? whats the highest octain i can run w/o breaking stuff? ect.....oh and just so you can laugh, ive had mine 3 days, last night i broke the tie rod. lol, but like ive read, they suck anyways.
As RPM already stated, no need to run race fuels. However, the higher octane rated fuels will help your engine run cooler and give a better and cleaner burn. Here in the UK I run my modified jetskis and quad on Shell V-Power, which was formulated for Ferrari Formula 1 racing engines. You can buy it at all UK Shell gas stations, although it's expensive! It may be marketed under a different name in the US. It's rated at 99 RON octane level and does give an extra boost over normal unleaded fuel, while keeping engine temps down 2-3 celsius.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I broke the tie rod end. so i just went to the dealer and ordered another. yeah i know i need the better ones. one step at a time, as for the fuel, yeah it is called the same here. but yeah thanks for the tips. on the drag strip we are shooting to open in 1 month, but we will have the trails done and open before that. so just an update

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
an update....................

for those of you that dont know, my father and I and building a drag strip on our land. well last year, day before fathers day, dad was racing my V and wheelied crazy hard and broke his back. so that was a major set back. anyways, he is better now. we are working on getting the track open. BUT we have gone several steps further in our indevour and have teamed up with http://stx-atv.com/
these guys are holding their 2nd event here at our land. so we have gone from being a mud drags to and all out off road motoplex!!!

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Randy,
That's fantastic! Looks like a really professional setup. Even more importantly, glad to hear that your dad is better! Broken back is not a small injury. Hopefully he has no long term side effects and can still get on a quad and rip it up!

·
Registered
28 Posts
what part of TX is this in ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts