Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright kids, this has been a fun experiment, but I'm done. Being a forum creator and administrator is a lot of thankless work. I had a vision for what I wanted to create, but nobody else seems to share that vision. Every time I try to do something to shape the focus of this forum, someone gets offended.

I'm done.

The forum will remain up. Flyin V and RPM will remain moderators. Anyone can contact me via PM. If additional moderators are needed, I will add them. However, I will no loger act as administrator or actively participate in this forum.

Best wishes,
Jay

C

·
0 Posts
Laying on the grenade eh Jay?

What did you expect to see? Forum peace is about as far off as world peace.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Originally posted by Jay
Alright kids, this has been a fun experiment, but I'm done. Being a forum creator and administrator is a lot of thankless work. I had a vision for what I wanted to create, but nobody else seems to share that vision. Every time I try to do something to shape the focus of this forum, someone gets offended.

I'm done.

The forum will remain up. Flyin V and RPM will remain moderators. Anyone can contact me via PM. If additional moderators are needed, I will add them. However, I will no loger act as administrator or actively participate in this forum.

Best wishes,
Jay
You're kidding, right. :(

H

·
0 Posts
Jay, hey man you got a great site. Crap I feel like I did something, I sign up and now you throw in the towel.

I think I might understand where ya coming from...you didn't make this site to make enemies and maybe you feel putting your foot down will do that. It's your site man, but to be honest I'd feel the same way. Hmmmm, I don't know what else to say :retard:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Man thats crazy..... I agree with Camo though, what exactly were you expecting? You should have at least know there were going to be discussions about engine builders, and discussions about off topic things that would bring about a little argument or controvesry here and there. Your gonna get that with ANY site, even if it is your own, and its YOUR CALL to say it can stay or go.... Putting your foot down may piss people off, but this is your site and if you lose a member because they were getting out of line or out of hand, then thats fine, because you probably kept a member or two on your site, for making that decision. As i mentioned before, you should have been careful about "ruling with an iron first" As mentioned in another thread, posts were locked pretty quick or deleted as soon as you read them. It seemed like you deleted a certain post because you had different views or opinions on that topic. Thats when i was initially worried on how this site would go right then. I was not mad or offended, just suprised, but this is your site and your rules go. It didnt keep me from coming to this site...... Dont cop out on the site after you made it.... Stick with it, keep your pimp hand strong, but lighten up on things. Forums are a place for people to voice what they are thinking or feeling.... if you make them keep their mouths shut all the time, and be so strict as to what they say, then they are going to stop coming. Simple as that. As you sent me in a PM one time, theres nothing wrong with a little argument here and there or heated discussions. Seemed like there wasnt much allowance for any heated discussions or arguments. We are grown adults here, although soem of us may not always act like it.....(myself included) but you cant treat us like kids and slap us on the hand everytime you disagree with what we feel, or if your afraid something will turn into something bad.

Let certain issues escalate and get REALLY HEATED, that will draw in more members to the site and let them see what else is here at this site... Then, if it gets to be too much, then you can warm everyone to calm it down...... if they dont, lock the thread... Dont just close it becaause it COULD get bad.....

BTW, we are not kids :D :D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Jay

I'm done.

Best wishes,
Jay
I contributed to some of this drama and shouldn't have.

Well nothing interesting to say so...

H

·
0 Posts
Dave you are so laid back I can't see you upsetting anyone. Have you had your blood pressure checked lately :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ban the hole dam bunch of trouble makers !!!! Oh wait I may be one of them . :unibrow: :unibrow: Jay I will not use the :finger: any more if you stay .

·
Registered
48 Posts
COME BACK JAY :nod: ...COME BACK JAY :nod: ...COME BACK JAY :nod: ...COME BACK JAY :nod: ...COME BACK JAY. :nod:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts