Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't know if it's just the fact that I grew up on solid rear axles, but I am definitely not used to the amount of chassis roll while cornering. It just feels like the bike is sitting on top of a ball when I go around corners and I'm wondering if it's possible to add a sway bar or similar to reduce some of that effect.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Hi all,

I don't know if it's just the fact that I grew up on solid rear axles, but I am definitely not used to the amount of chassis roll while cornering. It just feels like the bike is sitting on top of a ball when I go around corners and I'm wondering if it's possible to add a sway bar or similar to reduce some of that effect.

Thanks
If you replace the sway bar's rubber bushings with polyurethane, you will stop the "mushy" feeling the rubber bushing give and make then act more like bearings, which transfers the forces into the bar, making it act more like a torsion bar. This cuts a lot of that body roll out. It won't be as "independent" but if you are looking for the SRA feel again, this is the next best thing. I loved the control it gave on mine too.
I got mine from Energy Suspension but there are other places. This link will help you measure and find them for yours:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you replace the sway bar's rubber bushings with polyurethane, you will stop the "mushy" feeling the rubber bushing give and make then act more like bearings, which transfers the forces into the bar, making it act more like a torsion bar.
Hey man thank you!!! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I don't want to go all the way back to the solid axle feel, just something in the middle. Thank you so much!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts