Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a horn with two places for wires to attach and a push button switch that has a black lead with a white stripe and a green ground and no instructions . How do i wire this ? I am sick of cops giving me crap while riding offroad so I am registering it for the street and need to get the horn hooked up to make it legal .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Power and ground..

One ground it to the frame or even the batt and the other put on positive of the batt.. Doubt it even matters wich is positive and wich is ground..

One way to tell just hold it to the batt and hit the button..

·
Registered
9 Posts
+=====O======0/0=======neg
batt-----horn--------switch----------batt or ground
Clark

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it working , thanks . Now I can ride it on the street :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you wired it directly to the battery.. You could risk draining your battery if the system is drawing any kind of current, even when not in use.. which i actually doubt, but still possible.

There's two Accessory wires hidden behind the right headlight.. They are bundled up with some other wires.. But they are just hanging there, waiting to be used.. they are powered on/off with the key.. best place to wire up your 12v toys. and other gadgets.

Good luck.

I would just rig up an air horn system :)..

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd wire diect to the battery. That's how all car horns are wired.

·
Registered
33 Posts
No wires required!..

Mounted high to keep it away from the water and dirt. But when it does fill with water, easy to clear out!.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im thinking that one might not be DOT approved pk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I want a 2200lbs cylinder about 6'' long and a cut down train horn hidden :nod: One good toot lay over and let me pass I need to get to the barn :unibrow: :lol: Jh

·
Registered
33 Posts
My horn works wonders.. And I used it and almost sent the person in front of me into a tree, because they didn't know what was behind them honking.

Cost 2 bux from Walmart. 1 screw install..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by PkSpawn
If you wired it directly to the battery.. You could risk draining your battery if the system is drawing any kind of current, even when not in use.. which i actually doubt, but still possible.

There's two Accessory wires hidden behind the right headlight.. They are bundled up with some other wires.. But they are just hanging there, waiting to be used.. they are powered on/off with the key.. best place to wire up your 12v toys. and other gadgets.

Good luck.

I would just rig up an air horn system :)..
SWEET ! I will look for them and wire the horn to it and add a light for the license plate as well . I got it registered and it is on the streets but I need to get street tires for it as I still have problems keeping the front wheels on the ground when I nail the throttle .

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm tellin' ya, the air horns I posted are the ticket. Hella loud but not very large.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts