Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I need help.
2013 brute force 750
I was changing one of the tie rod ends and noticed a hose hanging with a plug .
Its holding on by a zip tie but can't seem to find where it connects to. Not sure if its been disconnected for a while .

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's funny i have the same thing on my 13. Just got mine recently so haven't traced it yet to see where it goes.
Hopefully we will both get the answer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant seem to find nothing on it lol good luck ill probably take it apart this weekend and see if i can find it...ill keep you posted

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like it heads up towards the airbox or fuel injection?
Getting ready to pull my front diff out so i should have enough crap out of the way to actually see where it goes.:unsure:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me know bro if you find something can really use the help im pretty sure u to not sure how long I drove it with out noticing but had to replace one of my tie rod ends and noticed it in there. Now I dont want to ride it until I get to the bottom of this mystery lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine is the same. Coincidence?
Hopefully someone chimes in if not I'll trace it better this weekend. it's hard to keep a visual on it. I have snorkels also so they are in the way.

·
Super Moderator
13,445 Posts
On the older ones that put an oil collection tube with a plugged end like that just below where the crankcase vent ports into the airbox. The plug is so you can drain the oil once in a while but no one ever did. Can't leave the plug off because it;s inside the filtered area and dust can get pulled in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Basically from what was described it is an airbox drain. Crank case breather vents into the airbox and you will normally get some oil residue over time. More so if rings are worn. Alot of hrs.Any oil that collects drains down that mystery tube. That we didn't know what it was for. You can take plug out to drain any oil that may have collected. Like mentioned plug must be put back in or you can suck debris into air box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts