Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 brute force 750. It is carbed. I took it to my mechanic and he said the top end needed to be rebuilt. So we did. New pistons, new front and rear cylinders, rebuilt the carbs, new spark plugs. After getting it back together it won’t start it’s not getting fuel. We bypassed the fuel pump and tried bottle feeding fuel while cranking and still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,968 Posts
The bowls must be completely full before the choke can pull fuel up and through and..being new it may not yet have enough vacuum to operate the fuel pump but you need to check the valve lash and pre-prime the pump and carbs. Pull the line off the carbs and draw fuel all the way to it fron the tank first and confirm the vacuum line is attached and not leaking anywhere. Re-attach the fuel line and either use some starting fluid or drip some gas directly into the open air box into the carbs..just a few drops..not teaspoons. Try it. If it doesn't try to start...there is more wrong then just fuel. Check spark and timing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts