Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used 2014 Brute Force 750i for my son as a Christmas gift. The only issue we have had is the constant belt replacement. In 4 months the belt has been replaced 7 times due to shredding. I do not know how to find the source of the problem. The friend I purchased it from said it needs a new clutch which he found new for $800 another friend said there may be scarring on the clutch shoulders or wings of the clutch which may be causing the tears to the belt. Has anyone else had the same issue my son and I are having or would anyone please help with a diagnosis of the problem?

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
I purchased a used 2014 Brute Force 750i for my son as a Christmas gift. The only issue we have had is the constant belt replacement. In 4 months the belt has been replaced 7 times due to shredding. I do not know how to find the source of the problem. The friend I purchased it from said it needs a new clutch which he found new for $800 another friend said there may be scarring on the clutch shoulders or wings of the clutch which may be causing the tears to the belt. Has anyone else had the same issue my son and I are having or would anyone please help with a diagnosis of the problem?
99.9% of the time this constant belt distruction is cause by warn area called flat spots in the primary. It will be low in the sheaves and will look like the photo below when a straight edge is places across it. The clutch will have to be replaced. After doing so pay close attention to two things- one belt deflection. It MUST be set correctly and as low as possible without squealing on the spindle. The target is usually 23-24mm. The other thing is stall...which is done for use with large tires running in deep mud bu using a heavier spring. Stay with a spring that keeps it at or just slightly higher then stock. High RPM belt engagement kills belts and wears that contact area very fast. Of course water or oil in the CVT case cam also cause slippage and destroy the clutch and belt as well. A full bench inspection should be done.

·
Registered
Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth is what I drive but Kawasaki is what I RIDE
32 Posts
Wow. Bet a talented machinist could tig weld the missing aluminum back onto the sheave and then cut it back down to level and smooth on a lathe.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just The sheaves can also be bought new . about 150 each i think. I had the same problem before.
Check the price at rockymountainatvmc.
Cheapest place i found for the whole clutch.
Set belt deflection Like mentioned above.
I haven't had a problem since using the oem belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts