Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all hello. Im just looking for a little advice on a v force. I know a guy that is selling a 04 v (guy = my boss). he bought it on ebay a couple years back really cheap. He bought it for his wife and she didnt like the orange plastic. So it now has black plastic with pink stickers. Oh and pink hubs lol nothing a sticker kit and some spray paint cant fix....Anyways, he is asking 3500 for it, he said he would sell it to me for 3000....he told me a while back (when i was looking at a 450 he had for sale) that he paid 2500 for it. SO...Im thinking i can talk him down to like 2800ish. Is that a good price? He says it looks like new. I guess it was barly riden by the first owner. he bought it, his wife rode it on one trip last year. He says it still has paint on the bottoms of the a arms. So, should i buy it?Ive been trying to have him get me a picture...if he sends me one ill post it.

Also, one more question. This is kinda stupid but, anyone ever raced a 800 sportsman with a stock v? Ive got a buddy that has that and a 500 scrambler and i want to know if im save to trash talk his 800 or if he is going to smoke it lol :lol:

Thanks in advance

-Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well...Thanks for the info. I have to wait a week or so to make sure i dont have to pay in any taxes then after that im good. Im pretty sure im going to buy it. Im going to tell him 2800 if he helps me peel off the old stickers and put on the new green ones he has. Then he has some honda wheels and some extra honda hubs. Im going to try to get then thrown in too....I think they are razr2 tires and blingstar beadlock wheels??? Does that sound right? Anyways, i could leave them for trail tires and then sell the stockers and use the stock rims for paddles. just to help me at sivler lake a little. then i can get me some mud mud tires for the rear and switch them on and off depending on the weather.Were we ride (baldwin MI) it can be crazy dustys one day and solid mud the next. Anyone else from MI?

As for aftermarket parts. the guy that has this also has connections in high places. he has some deal with some big atv retail comepany and he gets parts at cost and then most of the time he sells them on ebay. he already said he could hook me up with pipes and wheels and tires, nerf bars ect.
after i get the few basic mods done then maybe a 730 kit :unibrow:

one more thing....Anyone ever race a 450r or a yfz450? How would the v hold up stock to stock. I know a couple people that have them and id like to be able to beat them. From what i read the 450s are a little faster than the v's. So what would i have todo to beat them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
Well this deal died when he asked his wife to sell "her" quad....After researching and seeing what these vs can do i dont think i can own another fourwheeler. Plus, im about 6' 3" 320 pounds and i just dont see a lil 450 hualing me around. So....as of now im searching for another v to buy. I posted a ad in the wanted sections of hear and kawriders. I hope to have one soon so i can start picking out mods :unibrow:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going to look at one tomarow night in grand haven. (2 hours away) The guy is a member over on kawieriders. Denniz and some number....or something like that. Anyways, it has hmf duals, dalton cutch kit, nerfs, moose bumper, 12 hole mod, 6Degree key and something else im forgeting. Anyways, if it is as nice as it looks in the pictures i think ill be bringing it home with me :D It does have a crack in the front plastic were it was ligthly rolled and the back it cracked under the gas cap thing from landing on a fender hard doing a wheely. but it still looks nice.

My boss desided to keep his v and mod it out. He is going to put a BBK on it and ride it this year. SO i cant have him beating me....i was talking to him about AMR today and we were talking about sending both engines at the same time to save on shipping and stuff. plus maybe he will give us a package deal :unibrow: So basicaly i spend all day planing a build for a fourwheeler i dont even own.....yet :cool:

·
Registered
143 Posts
congrats, lets see pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt get home till 10 so it was dark. now i have to work today and ill have to take it to work because i cant get it out of my truck lol. it going to kill me not being able to ride it. I only have to work 6-2 so i plan on riding when i get home. Pics will come shortly after that....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Your going to love it, I can't explain what it is about these bikes but they do seem to become a bit of an obsession and addictive, I've had loads of toys of all sorts in the past, cars, bikes, quads etc but for some reason I just never get bored with the V, I've had it now for over three years and all I ever do is keep getting excited at what mod I'm doing next :D and as you'll read in the pics section against my buddies KTM the V always pays you back with great performance. I've only ever come close to selling it once and that was only to replace it with another road legal V. Anyway with the kind help of Roadrunner on here I haven't given up the pursuit of getting my own road legal, so we'll see cheers Pete ;)

Andy

R

·
0 Posts
arctic you are going to love your v i had 2 weeks off work when i got mine :D
lets see some pics :unibrow:
andy i found this site if you can get past the paperwork
www.quadtech.co.uk
:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeh Pete I'd already spotted that one thanks, trouble is as you know from what I've explained it's not the converstion what will be the problem it's the bloody idiots over here :angry:

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts