Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it’s Christmas time. I asked the wife for a good set of hand guards for the Brute. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm running Maier's on mine. Almost all of the Brutes in our group have them too and no'one has had any issues with them.
They keep alot of mud and wind off of you're hands. Tere easy to instal also.

Go to my pic's in the Garage here to see them on it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have a set of Kolpin, they come with mirrors built into them so you can see all your buddies on Hondas way back there...oblects in morror will appear closer then they are

·
Registered
180 Posts
mounting was fairly easy. you will have to trim about 1/4" notch into the guage cover on the 750's to get them to mount straight, but i used a dremel and you can hardly notice it. they come with spacers so you can put them at any distance you wish. i think i got mine at tractor supply on sale for $32 very nice product. if i get a chance ill take some photos and post them

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bunnycop...Can you actually see objects in the mirrors? Isn't there a lot of vibration?

·
Registered
180 Posts
everything is a blur if your riding a brute 750 :) they actually work well while trail riding and at night. i know you can see red and blue lights in them......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bunnycop....Not to get off of subject, but I just noticed that you are in Altoona. Both of my wife’s parents are from there. Her mother is from town and her father is from Sinking Valley. Small world! Any way, I like the idea of a mirror. I ride with some dirt bikes and they have a hard time keeping up on rough trails. I always have to stop and wait for them once I look over my shoulder and realize they are not there anymore. Looking over the shoulder gets dangerous at 50 mph.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Powermadd here. They are a bit of a pain as far as making room and do work better with aftermarket bars than stock but they are by far, the best looking hand guards out there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Moose handguards. They look identical to the Maier's in KevinB427's pic.
I read elsewhere they are made by Maier and Moose just puts their sticker on them.
The only issue I have with them is it is a tight fit to reach the diff lock lever with a thick pair of gloves on when riding in cold weather. Next mod is hand/thumb warmers.

·
Registered
946 Posts
With my Hand warmers, I can't fit hand guards on. I probably could if I took the time and rearanged everything, but thats alot of work, plus with the extensions it won't get passed the diff lock.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i finally got to the photos i promised. they are the Kolpin hand guards. i just got an extra set from wildwest bargains on Ebay.. $12.00 good luck

hmmm now its saying "Sorry, you have reached your maximum Upload Quota Limit of 300 KB" what does that mean
email me at [email protected] and ill send them that way

·
Registered
28 Posts
handguards

I just puta setof Moose handguards on they r made by Maier, what a great improvement in blocking wind and the occasional tree branch/ briar bush.

·
Registered
28 Posts
handguards

I just puta setof Moose handguards on they r made by Maier, what a great improvement in blocking wind and the occasional tree branch/ briar bush.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts