1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
No action shots? Guess what they say is right, yamahas are all show and no go

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sure looks good Jamie, even though the shifter's on the wrong side.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're the one with the awesome video camera! Hey, you got a tripod for that thing?

·
Registered
65 Posts
What is that thing??? it sure dont look like a bad machine.. Looks like something i might let my wife ride... might...
Nice rims though look like they belong on a Brute.. J.k. man nice hotrod just too bad you'll be gettin pulled out by a Brute sooner or later...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's a nice quad -4 show-

You got to give us a write up on how it runs.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can do that.

It handles great. Feels real light and nimble. Smooth power. Most of the power is bottom-mid. I reprogrammed my fuel injection and that made a noticeable difference. Before I did that and the tires/rims, I could get the front up in high no problem. Now I do have to work harder to do that.

The power steering IS INDEED awesome like all the other owners are reporting. Bump steer is dampened a lot by the power steering. Also, you hardly know you're in 4wd steering wise. When in diff lock, it steers harder, but not as hard as the old 660's.

Yamaha did a lot to get the center of gravity down, but increased the seat height. With 26" tires on, I sit about even with a stock Arctic Cat. Speaking of those 26's...I will replace them with radials. They shimmy at medium-higher speeds on the hard stuff.

I drag raced an Arctic Cat 650 V2. We launched even. He quickly pulled 2 lengths on me and held that. He had stock tires though. If I had my stockers on, he'd of been toast. Also, my Fuel Injection was not reprogrammed at that time.

Overall, it don't have that V-Twin I wanted so bad, but it is very fast and nimble in a lot of the woods riding I do. The only place it won't run with the 700+ V-Twins is the drag strip. Anywhere else, she can hold her own and maybe even do it better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me it was between that and the Brute , I rode both and like em. I liked the Kawie dealer, color, and price better so I went Brute.

·
Registered
401 Posts
one thing that I like about the griz is the water tight storage on the front. That would come in handy, but I just added a pelican case on my brute.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts