Kawasaki Brute Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased some itp series 7 with itp terracross tires for my brute. Love the looks and so far the ride/grip awsome. They are smooth as silk till about 40 then starts to shake up to top speed. Took the fronts off and down to the local tire shop to get balanced. First one took 2.5oz to bal which is not to bad. Other front had a noticeable "hop" to it. Called for 5.5oz. Broke the bead and spun tire 180deg on rim and tried again, still calls for over 5oz to bal. Got them both to "0" balance on the tire machine and went back to the shop, reinstall and rip up the road to see if the vibe is gone....nope. I ride mostly trail, highspeed trail, some sand and ocassional mud so i need these to be smooth. Any suggestions? I ordered the wheels and tires on line so unfortuneatly going back to the dealer is going to be difficult. Will ITP make this right? do I need to go to them or back to the place where I bought them?

Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
946 Posts
Your best bet is to call them and see what they'll offer, I knew a guy who had to do the same to one of his mud lites and it was just because it was made very poorly for some reason so they replaced it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah my brother has a 07 Brute that has the same tires that are also vibrating.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think that the atv speeds are outrunning the tire manufacturers QC departments. when atvs were only capable of 40 or 50mph, tire balance probably wasn't as important as on an atv that can get to 70mph. i have had a certain amount of wobble at higher speeds on all of the atv tires i have tried. no big deal to me, as i run in low range about 90% of the time because of the trail conditions. it would be nice to have no wobble or other issues, tho.

i just put 27" bighorns on the brute and i expect some wobble there, too. i have not had any of my atv tires balanced, tho. some posts on the boards say that makes all the difference in most cases.

but, anyway, i would have expected the Terracross to be one of the better tires at higher speeds. maybe this was a fluke?

but i agree that if you are not happy, you should see about getting a replacement.

monty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will try to call them to see what they have to offer. I went with the terracross vs others because it appeard to be less aggressive and aimed for the side/side and utility market vs a mud type tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the same problem with my new mud tires, Rhinova Mud gear's.
Shaking starts at about 40MPH, not good!
I'm gonna look at getting them balanced, when I get my quad back from the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update-

I called itp cust service and explained my problems. They are sending me a new tire. No hassle, no shipping $. Great service. I think I will be buying ITP again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Flying_chainsaw
I've had the same problem with my new mud tires, Rhinova Mud gear's.
Shaking starts at about 40MPH, not good!
I'm gonna look at getting them balanced, when I get my quad back from the shop.
[/b]
I found on my mudgears that dropping to 3.5-4.0 psi stopped the worst of the high speed vibration. Now it starts at about 58 to 60mph instead of 40.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same happened to me on my xtr's. The wobble was so bad I thought it was going to tip over the ballancer! They replaced it no questions asked.

·
Registered
105 Posts
my mudlites (27") have a wobble around 40mph but if i get past it the wobble is not as bad. i also had a defective rear mudlite xl, it kept going flat slowly, after searching for the hole i found about 6 tiny holes in between the shoulder lugs. i put slime in it, didnt help. after i removed the tire from the rim i noticed on the inside of the tire that the rubber was thinner in most of the spots on all of the shoulder lugs. i called ITP and they said they would send me a new one no problem, but then i said i would have one new tire and one rear with nearly 1000 miles on it. they no problem and sent me 2 new rear 27" tires. i'm not one to complain either so i was really just asking and was never demanding, this was their own decision. i to will be buying ITP tires again. great service. actually now that i think of it, i emailed them photos first then the customer service tech sent me his # and i called them. i received the 2 tires in about 2 days!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
i agree. those seem to be great people there. i wish all companys wouldn't treat us like that. this thread would make be buy ITP if i wasn't so happy with Bighorns on the stock wheels.

monty

·
Registered
180 Posts
i just mounted my 4 new Terracross tires on ITP wheels, all 4 were oblonged so bad, it was hard to even push the brute on a concrete floor. the dealer is going to contact ITP and replace them, they ordered me 8 new tires so i can pick out the best 4 :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
i been planning on getting some new tires for a while now, just had so many things come up and have not been able to yet.
i been trying to make up my mind on what to get (and thought i had), but after reading this i think ill go with itp.

i got 27'' radial outlaws now and i like them but they are out of round , i never called hl because i got them from fleabay and figured there was no use. but i want somethin that will be better for trail riding anyway.

ripper let us know if the new tire is better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts