Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at upgrading my ATV. I use my ATV mosely for hunting. Pulling disc harrow,log animal.

I'm looking to upgrade to a bigbore because i want a pit track on the bike for winter. Coyote hunting/ice fiching.

I live in canada and so far my eye are on the bruteforce because I read that the vtwin is great.

I found a bunch of things about what to look for in terme of problem on the brute and so far it look like a good bike.

My question: how mutch kilometer are these motor good for?

I see a lot of them use for sale that have been modified or rebuilt... I had my share of modification and i dont want a have to modified or rebuilt my bike as a routine.

Should i be worry about that?

The usual story I owned yamaha and honda in the past and i worry to switch to other brand. But i was told multiple time by different people that kawa are good and reliable.

Should i worry about buying a use bike?
Anything special to look for?

Thanks Evryone

·
Super Moderator
13,441 Posts
Previous owners are the main factor. I know people that have more then 22,000 miles on their factory V-Twins and people that sunk them in mud/water that destroyed them within 1,000 miles. I would look for one that was NEVER modified for use in mud/water, only trail-rode, low miles/KM, well maintained with records.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@NMKAWIERIDER Ok it's what I had in mind. The usual key point for use vehicle. Some how a lot of the one I see for sale all have snorkel or Rad relocated or Both mod done. lot's of them are on 27" wheel.

I want a use mine for hunting so I need the front rack. I don't mind the big wheel science it will have EPS. However big wheel is normally harder on Differential,bolt join and all the directial part's.

I just realized I created 2 post... in different section... I think we should close this one. My bad I was on my cell phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Another thing to be aware of is the cleanliness and state of the owners property. He probably treats his brute like he treats his garage or street car/truck: is it clean and organized? I am always inspecting more than the sale item but it’s surroundings as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts