Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many times I'll be in the woods and have to make a tight turn and most people just back up and reposition themselves to make the turn. This is especially frequent with IRS machines.

Here is what I do...

I'll stand up and lean forward a good abount getting my weight off the rear end...at the same time I'll be grabbing my front break and applying throttle to bring the rear end around.

This technique sometimes takes a little body english but is relatively easy to master. You should be able to almost "walk" it right around a tree with some practice.

Once you've mastered this low speed feat...the same concept can be used at higher speeds when needed.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use that in trail races all the time. Whip the back end around and just punch the throttle again. It is dangerous though so don't just think you can do it right off the bat.

Like GS said, take it slow at first and get good at that first.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll try next time I go ride.. I gotta fix the brute first though :(

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ya a video would help, I can do them to some extent, but I'm also on SRA so sliding it is alot easier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do that with my Brute all the time. Just make sure you get most of your weight forward, I also put my weight forward and to the side I want it to turn, grab the brakes a little bit, and gas it. Comes right around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yup its kinda hard to pull off with the laws.. but if you have good enough front brakes its possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do the same thing with my brute and with my 250x. Its real easy once you get the hang of it. Just watch out for roots or anything that could catch the back tires and flip you over.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely harder to do on more aggressive mud tires unless you're in the soft stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Originally posted by Flying_chainsaw
I assume you have to be in 2WD mode to do this, correct? Neat little trick![/b]
Yep!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I started using this method also for turning and to do burn outs in the loose stuff at a stop or moving 10-20mph. Also it gets tailgaters off your butt unless they like mud and rock rooster tails spraying them in the face. Try doing these things with a 4 wheel braking only system.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
SO basically, it's like doing an Indo on a crotch rocket? Put ur wiehgt over the bars, hit the front brakes, let the back end come up, hit the throttle, and release the brake. Do a body swing to turn the rear end the direction you want it? Or is there some difference in the 2?

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a medium speed example.

I got the holeshot in the Palermo, NY Hare Scramble race. As I was coming across the field I knew I had a LOT of speed for that turn. Even the officials were gesturing for me to slow down...hehehe. I braked early and hard with both brakes. I was sliding straight.

Just before I went to far and went out of bounds, I let off the rear brake, shifted my weight, got on the front brakes even harder...and gassed the ass end around. This got my pointing where I needed to be pointing. Gassed it again...and I was off! Here is another angle of me coming into that corner...hehehe.

My technique was the ONLY way to make the corner and not go off the course at the speed I entered it. Made the fans jump....lol. Made them jump in the MX section too. I pushed a berm out a couple feet to get into position to take out a Honda in the next turn. It worked.

This is a very aggressive example I've showed here. I will get some video doing it at slow speeds with no pressure...maybe walking it around a tree or something.

·
Registered
127 Posts
<div class='quotetop'></div>
I assume you have to be in 2WD mode to do this, correct? Neat little trick![/b][/b]
Yep sure do. I accidentally hit my switch once while doing this, and when 4WD engaged, I came off.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I like those vids, I wanna do some racin like that

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yea I agree I would love to do some racing like that. Do they do anything like that down here in the south anywhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts