Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
The way i drive mine around 8-10 is what I average.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Depends on how you ride .....if you ride conservative you could see 14mpg, if you ride aggressive you can expect 10mpg or less. Usually at 50 miles Im looking for fuel.

·
Registered
651 Posts
about the same here...hard to be conservative with a brute!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow yall do better than me. I get no more than 35 miles on a tank. And thats pushing it. I drive it hard though and mine is a 650

·
Registered
230 Posts
35 miles....? eesh.

The only time I ever got bad mileage (compared to usual) was on a search and rescue trip...it was all slow riding, looking, watching, etc.

Anyway, my 650 will do around 170km to a tank. Was 130 but I gained an extra 40km by removing the splash tube to allow the tank to actually get filled completely.

I ride with a guy with a 'Cat 700 and a stock grizz 660, each time we stop and top off at an available gas stop, we're within pennies of each other. Never more than 50 cents difference.

Mine seems to burn fuel the same with 2 people on it, summer, winter, 2wd/4wd....I know it's nuts but that's the way it is.

I have a friend that bought a Brute from the same shipment as mine...we burn fuel about the same but his gauge is calibrated way different than mine....he's flashing, I have 3/4 tank left. We fill up, they take the same to fill.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 2012 750 Brute with a 19 Liter tank gets 100 km's per tank in mixed conditions give or take a few km's. Low fuel sensor comes on around 80 km's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh this sucks... well one thing wrong my primary was all screwed up only opening part way.. so I know that messes with fuel millage. also I ride mostly mud tight trails so I don't know how that affects it either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2008 and 2009 brute force 750's and wondering the same thing. I have seen people say from 50 to 70 miles per tank full. I will purchase a 2 gallon gas can and see what I can get trail riding and push it to the limit. Have fun riding.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not to be that guy, but be careful running an efi brute (or an efi anything, for that matter) too low on fuel.
There are differing points of view, but most high pressure EFI pumps are designed to be run in fuel for cooling and lubrication.

If I'm wrong on the brutes, NMKAWIRIDER will correct me. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
13,746 Posts
Not to be that guy, but be careful running an efi brute (or an efi anything, for that matter) too low on fuel.
There are differing points of view, but most high pressure EFI pumps are designed to be run in fuel for cooling and lubrication.

If I'm wrong on the brutes, NMKAWIRIDER will correct me. ;-)
100% right. Never a good idea to run air into any FI system and yes, the pump really takes it especially hard on Brutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts