Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone think I am out of line for getting into it with him over his pos CDi? Not trying to start a big ***** session just wanting some feedback is all. I know I should probably drop it but it just burns my butt on when I read him pushing his product knowing he has issues with them. His attitude doesn't help much either. :angry:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, not much to say. Had the cdi for a while. I am guessing a year and half or so. Was out riding, turned the bike off to take a break, bike wouldn't start again. Got towed back and put the stock CDI in and rode it the rest of the day. I bought dyna after that and didn't think anything of it. Some one made a post about which CDI to buy, I mentioned the issue I had and FSt offered to replace my bad cdi no charge if I shipped it to him. I didn't do it for a few months as I had no need for it any time soon since I had purchased a replacement. Anyway, a buddy bought a new kfx and was asking about a cdi. I mentioned that I had the old FST one and I would send it back if he wanted to try it in order to help make up his mind. FST informed me that he no longer would swap it out and has made up a bunch of baloney and called me some pretty nasty names. He stated something about only a one year warranty and I was lucky he even offered at all and since I had waited he had changed his mind. I then asked if he expected me to buy a new cdi every other year or what I was supposed to do. No answer and more babble. Made up some bs about how WB would warranty some and not others and I could have paid to ship it back to him and still not gotten one in return. Sorry, gets me irritated just thinking of it.

if this is the wrong section please move it. Just wanted some unbiased opinon and not to turn this into a Fundy vs FST thing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, he claims it is a WB cdi with his sitker on it but actually made by pro com.... and that is where some of the one year warranty bs came in. Like I said, there was enver any mention of any time limit and he has mentioned he has swapped out others when he feels like it. Like I asked him, am I supposed to just plan on buying a new one every other year? That is crazy. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts