Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my trouble free 2005 Brute Force 760 gave me some trouble last week. I was deep in the woods and the bolt holding the lower part of my right shock broke and the shock came out of the A arm bracket. It was dark and I was miles from a road. I was able to get the shock out of my wheel and pry it against the lower A arm and creep the two miles out to the road.

after looking at the damage I might be lucky and be able to simply replace the bolt. However the bushing is also missing from the shock.

is there anywhere I can just go buy a bushing that will fit or do I have to order it from the dealer?

I’m about to remove the bolt and bushing from the other shock to see if I can match it up somewhere.
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well apparently I need the sleeve, a bushing and two seals as well as the nut and bolt.... dealer wants like 70 bucks... that’s ridiculous. The babbits site has the parts cheaper but is difficult to use. I add the bushing then try to go back to add the rest and it won’t let me but did add a 10 dollar shipping charge on the one bushing.. now I’m searching ebay for a used shock that maybe has what I need.... any advise appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts