Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last time I was at Dumont, on the way home I saw this little guy walking down the highway. Ever at 60mph he was big enough for me to see. I scooped him up and brought him home. I was sure someone at work would want him... one guy keeps spiders, he took him home for a few weeks.... and then told me he didn't want him anymore. (he bought the cage)

Turns out he looked this guy up and he is more poisonous than the average 8 legged meany, his room mates asked him to get rid of it...LOL

So on the way to dumont tomorrow, I am going to release him in the desert right where I found him....

Cute litte bugger.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Ya real cute.. But as bad as he is how do you go about picking up one of those deadly little suckers in the wild? Don't they jump or something like that? I know they do more than Bark. Or is that only if they are from California?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a clam shell plastic cookie box, I dumped out the cookie and closed it around him. He is very active, he likes to jump around his cage if you move too fast.... but he isn't too bad....

I don't like this picture it makes him look way smaller than he really is. I would say if you stretched out his legs he would be about 6 inches across.

·
Banned
78 Posts
You sure you want to let it go? You sound pretty attached, and it would make an easy pet. But, it was wild, and knows what life is. You probably would break his spirit, and the newness would wear off, and then when you let him go he would not be the same spider.. Ya your better off while he still knows what wild is. :crybaby: :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Erik, that just gave me the creeps. EEEWWW! :retard: My older sister (7 years older) had a trantula when I was little. I was trying to be nice one afternoon and cleaned the glass on the cage with windex. The next morning her spider was dead on his water dish. Oops!! :lol:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well cindy I was going to mail it to you will no warning label but changed my mind...LOL

KT, males only live for 5 or 6 years... something like that.... females for 20 plus years. this one is male.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by KTM265
I think I rather have a pet dog... But Metal, I think it's cool that you're going to take him out and release him. Have you checked to see if any of the poison control centers can use him to make anti-venom?
I wouldn't know where to even begin KT... I don't think they are deadly unless you are allergic. Mostly it's just like a severe bee sting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We had one in high school in my biology class. Fed it baby mice. It was pretty cool to wath them eat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts