Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Brute Force 750 caught fire I've been working on it for a while went through it order the parts I needed and today was the first day I got it running set the carbs to spec but I'm getting a pop through both carburetors any advice

·
Super Moderator
13,311 Posts
Without the airbox on and the lid on it will run too lean and will pop-back through the carbs. Otherwise check the carb boots for splits..usually at or under the head-side clamps. Low float levels will also make it run lean.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
  1. I bought a carburetor kit for it read the carbs brand new boots brand new air box air box lid filter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm starting to think the problem is is the original Fuel in it from when it caught fire in November

·
Super Moderator
13,311 Posts
Bad fuel can do it. Low fuel pressyre/supply can do it. Too tight of intake valves or burned valve seats can do it. Low voltage can also do it. Once fixed yes, I would do the dynatek. But keep in mind it adds 5 degrees of advance so you will have to probably go to #40 pilots and maybe .040 shims under the needles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So after getting the bike somewhat put back together took it for a test drive seems a lot more responsive than it did before runs pretty decent but I still get a slight pop every so often to the carbs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update on the Brute Force I got the bike all running right TuneIn put about 20 hours on it and blew the motor up now I find a rebuild kit for it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure exactly what happened the motor made a noise as I was coming out of a mud hole and then locked up

·
Super Moderator
13,311 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what happened the motor made a noise as I was coming out of a mud hole and then locked up
So it either jumped time and hit a valve or had a rod problem. Either way...very expensive. Talk with nFLOW about a rebuilt engine or rebuilding yours. Fair prices, top-drawer work and a great warranty.

30 Posts
I just want to say that its great that you are this dedicated. Most people would have gotten rid of it after the fire. Good luck and keep posting updates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts