Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

As of right now I'm wanting to get get a group together for a ride somewhere December 2,3,4. I havent decided where to go yet, I figure that can sorta work itself out when it gets closer. I know this is still a little ways out, but my wife and I sorta have to try to plan things in advance for time off purposes.

I'm open to ideas where to ride, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and don't mind driving. However, being a weekend ride I would really prefer to not spend more time driving then then riding:D. I don't mind driving a few hours since if i went to Mud Creek or something that's a 2hour trip for me anyways, I would like to keep drive time below 4hours lol. So if anyone would be interested PLEASE let me know and I hope i get a chance to meet up with some of you.

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
Hello folks,

As of right now I'm wanting to get get a group together for a ride somewhere December 2,3,4. I havent decided where to go yet, I figure that can sorta work itself out when it gets closer. I know this is still a little ways out, but my wife and I sorta have to try to plan things in advance for time off purposes.

I'm open to ideas where to ride, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and don't mind driving. However, being a weekend ride I would really prefer to not spend more time driving then then riding:D. I don't mind driving a few hours since if i went to Mud Creek or something that's a 2hour trip for me anyways, I would like to keep drive time below 4hours lol. So if anyone would be interested PLEASE let me know and I hope i get a chance to meet up with some of you.
Arlington...I used to live in Kennedale and Mansfield. Small world. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm down depending on where you end up. I live just north of you about 5 hours. Not sure if you like sand but theres always little sahara in waynoka,ok. Just a thought. I love love love riding at chadwick trails in MO but that is 5 hrs for me so it would be a lot for you i would imagine.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that would be a ways away. I've never been to little Sahara, how well do the brutes do in sand? I have Outlaws and Mud Lites would those tires just bury in?

NM, I live in Arlington about mile from the 287/i-20 split :)

I would like to get into some mud since i havent played in any in over 3yrs, but i'm not ruling dunes! I've heard good things about them. I've also never been to Red River, i've heard mixed things about there. I've been to Rocky Ridge, Mud Creek, River Run, Bad Rabbit, and Crosby. Other then that it's just been people property and a few creek/river rides.

·
Super Moderator
13,286 Posts
Yeah, that would be a ways away. I've never been to little Sahara, how well do the brutes do in sand? I have Outlaws and Mud Lites would those tires just bury in?

I would like to get into some mud since i havent played in any in over 3yrs, but i'm not ruling dunes! I've heard good things about them. I've also never been to Red River, i've heard mixed things about there. I've been to Rocky Ridge, Mud Creek, River Run, Bad Rabbit, and Crosby. Other then that it's just been people property and a few creek/river rides.
Out here I got sand...or mountains. No mud. So, I gota go with what I have. Kinda like the sand though...Clean....hehe

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm out your way all the time. My oldest son is in 2nd yr. Med school in Ft. Worth. Graduated biology degree @ UTA. moved two years ago to Bedford and now living in North Richland Hills. If Deer season was over Dec. that weekend I'd say come up here and we'll cut up on the 5000 acres I lease. But we'll still be hunting pretty hard. I got two members in my camp from Colleyville.. They love it up here and come up all the time. They made the last three slumlord rides too...

·
Registered
312 Posts

I have racelines now which is close to a bighorn and it does good. sometimes on incline if you don't have enough speed you have to kick into 4wheel but prior to the racelines I put dune stars on the back and it did really good, just got tired or swapping. A buddy of mine has mud lites on his brute and he has no problems, Have no info on the outlaws though.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Mathes, thats good to know that the mud lights will work. I've been wondering that for awhile now.

@Slumlord, Yeah Deer season is almost a religion! My hunting has been shot down this year though. I agreed to be in a wedding of a friend i've known since 3rd grade. When i found out the date i called him and told him to change the wedding (OPENING WEEKEND)! The following weekend i have a chance to Willie Nelson up close so couldn't pass that up. I've never got to see him live before so figured i should be he croaks on us lol.

After that, i dont know how my hunting will be. Last year opening day i got a 11point and a bobcat! been hunting my whole life (only 30 years old) lol but got my first bobcat!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I've gotten three over the last 30 yr's. Mounted my first one but the kids tore it up when they were little. The last one was huge and was going to mount it. Had the skin in the freezer at the deer camp and we had a pretty good ice storm whick killed the power for 7 days. I had forgotten there was anything in the freezer at camp and never thought about it. Till summer time. I open it up to see if there was a bag of ice for my ice chest and beer. It was rough. everything had thawed and made a big stew and then refroze like that. I just tied a rope around it and drug it off to an old pit we used for junk. You may have to join up here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts