Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for me today will be the first ride of the season as I have been quite sick, and then right after I crushed my left hand, and just returned to work this passed Monday. And with workers comp laws in this state I didn't dare be out riding, being out of work, even though I did putt around a bit and try doing some wheelies with my new clutch setup. But, with my hand in a cast up to my elbow it was kinda hard to hang on good, and without a thumb we (humans) ain't much. :lol:

The group I'm riding with today I call the "Blueman Group" They all are true Yamaha guy's so they are riding blue machines. They are a bunch of co-workers that are glad to see me back to work so they invited me out for the day. I got to choose the place so I picked a knarly a$$ place that holds a place close to my heart as the first time I was there I got a phone call when we where stopped that a co- worker of ours had passed away who was a close personal friend of mine. Not to bring them down but I will stop at that bridge and make the sign of the cross as I always do. Even though I am not a religious man, he was. Now when they ride there, and they all do they can do the same if they choose to.

Also near by is a place that has some of the best fried clams at a walk up takeout window so you don't need to go inside when your muddy. If I'm lucky they may be just glad enough to see me that they may think of going over that way for lunch so I don't need to mention it, and if I'm really lucky I won't have to buy a pint for myself :lol: But, If we do stray in a different direction I will point out the fact how close we are, and to "follow me" and the clams we be on me. (lets just hope not everyone likes clams) I give a run down on the day when I return :nod:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes do get healed up these bikes will hurt you worse need to be in shape...this is a different animal from the prairie by all means and areas...be careful..jh

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya don't worry guy's. My bike's a pup. I can kick it's tame little a$$. Now my buddys stocker with the holeshots on the rear, well I put that into the trees on a turn out near the top of a long hill. It just wouldn't make it, and I thought it had enough to swing the rear around. Boy, was I wrong. Half way around in stopped and I couldn't hold the beast (too steep) so we went into a roll. I got a nose full of sand before the dismount, the bike went down about 30 ft into some trees growing out of the hill. Still running, and no harm done :lol: Gary didn't see it as he was on mine but all the 4x4 did as they were watching from the base. What a day!

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well The "Blue man group" ride was fun. We went to Turner but not even near the place I suggested. There was 6 wheelers and 2 of those Rino things, one was all stock, the other was a turbo, and all done up but still pretty lame I thought. It looked cool but that was it.

We left from one of the guy's brothers home that didn't go but had a big place for us all to park. It was all pretty uneventful as it was all a slow dusty ride, and if it wasn't for the 2 rain storms that went thru it would have been really bad as I could be out in front as I had no idea as where we were going :lol: . The guy with the stock rino had a car seat and his grandson with him he was three, and loved it. If it wasn't for him we would have put on fewer miles than we did. When we stopped all he would say was "go grampa" So it wasn't long before we hit the trails again.

Almost back they took us to a pit to play in us 2 kfx's, as they knew we wanted to rip something up, as all we were doing when ever we had a chance was lifting the front, and everyone was commenting on the "new sound" of my 11" muzzy. Well in the pit I got to hear it and it does sound nice! We put on a little more than 70 miles, and I have to say that when you crawl along you can get some good gas milage. I rode all that with only a tank full, and the 2 1/2 gallon can I carry and the light did not come on the second time.

Besides The "me in the tree" there were no mishaps except for another bent tie rod and some mustard on Norm's shirt :lol: When we got back there was a party waiting when we stopped at the pit to play they called his brother Larry and he could hear us from the house we were there for about an hour or so and when we headed back they all knew, and there was about 20 people in total waiting, with grills going, coolers filled with beers, sodas, waters, salads etc. We all stayed and ate, hung out talked about the ride, and just enjoyed the company. Yes I was a good time, and my hand is fine. Well fine enough to do it all over again! Those bums had the hole thing planned all along, and brought me down at the last minute by taking me somewhere other than where I thought. Then made it all up 10 fold by throwing me a freakin' party, Right after letting me PLAY in the pit with my new clutched, piped, and jetted V. Now that is what friend are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like my kind of party...jh

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya Jim your name came up a few times, nothing but positive though of coarse as there is nothing but! Except maybe that porch roof. :eek: You where there in spirit though, you all where there in spirit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That v hurt more than a 8ft fall off that roof ...we got it slamed now its like a race bike,porch is done v aint...,jh

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good! Now YOU got NO reason ever to be back up on it. The roof that is. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts