Kawasaki Brute Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Fun, fun, fun. Sounds like you're hooked on EPS! Try a non-EPS Brute in a couple of months - you won't be able to stand it.:D

One thing that worries me is riders with less experience tend to get lulled into relaxing their grip and even one-handed steering - very dangerous. It doesn't bump steer very often, but it will eventually and if you don't have a sollid grip, you'll be very sorry.

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fun, fun, fun. Sounds like you're hooked on EPS! Try a non-EPS Brute in a couple of months - you won't be able to stand it.:D

One thing that worries me is riders with less experience tend to get lulled into relaxing their grip and even one-handed steering - very dangerous. It doesn't bump steer very often, but it will eventually and if you don't have a sollid grip, you'll be very sorry.
Oh, I know...trust me. Even with the stabilizer you wouldn't want to ride one-handed.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Nice Vid Report, looks like the EZ-steer is a Winner, I bet they sell a ton of them after your Video gets out. Too bad there aren't any good rough rocky sections like in the Jemez Mountains to see how well it does w/rocks, you know a few of the trails I mean.
50mph is all you did but that terrain was flying by, looked like a great afternoon for a test ride and almost had the entire area to yourself..

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Vid Report, looks like the EZ-steer is a Winner, I bet they sell a ton of them after your Video gets out. Too bad there aren't any good rough rocky sections like in the Jemez Mountains to see how well it does w/rocks, you know a few of the trails I mean.
50mph is all you did but that terrain was flying by, looked like a great afternoon for a test ride and almost had the entire area to yourself..

Yeah...I know the trail you speak of in Jemez...It made my brother on his Grizz cry uncle...Dave and I with the new Elkas hardly noticed it. Can't wait to take it up there...and Sipapu.

You are going to love it SWBF.

·
Registered
951 Posts
great video, i like mine more everytime i ride it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks NM, good review!

I called SuperATV and spoke with Corey? I think it was a couple days ago, I'm trying to talk my boss into buying an EPS for his Razr with me but he's a little concerned (and maybe rightfully so) about mud and water wreaking havoc on the system.

I see you've got a nice dry terrain out there to ride, anyone have any time/experience in a wetter/muddier environment with one of these EPS systems? My BF needs PS bad, but I'd of course want it to be consistent and reliable, not affected by the elements

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks NM, good review!

I called SuperATV and spoke with Corey? I think it was a couple days ago, I'm trying to talk my boss into buying an EPS for his Razr with me but he's a little concerned (and maybe rightfully so) about mud and water wreaking havoc on the system.

I see you've got a nice dry terrain out there to ride, anyone have any time/experience in a wetter/muddier environment with one of these EPS systems? My BF needs PS bad, but I'd of course want it to be consistent and reliable, not affected by the elements
Well, I can say everything looks very water-tight. Seals on all unit and controller connections and the unit itself had HD seals on the shafts and where the wires enter the unit so...I wouldn't be too concerned. I read as many reviews as I could from other forums where they are under water and abused and no one had a *****.

·
Registered
951 Posts
have not got to a mud hole yet but have stuck the front in i pond water covering motor an controller an let it set for about 30 min, with no problems

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
NMK, have seen your EZ Vid on other Forums, you are becoming a Star, lol.
Allot of the viewers are impressed with the Vid even if the EZ they need isn't for a Brute, they know it improved the Brute that much it will do the same for there's.
Too bad there isn't a EZ kit for the Prairie 650/700s,BF650sra, now there is a hard steering animal.

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allot of the viewers are impressed with the Vid even if the EZ they need isn't for a Brute, they know it improved the Brute that much it will do the same for there's.
Too bad there isn't a EZ kit for the Prairie 650/700s,BF650sra, now there is a hard steering animal.

LOL...yeah I don't usually show my face in videos either (might break the camera).:cool: Just wait till we get yours on...and the Precession with it gives it yet another level.. almost like a car-feel.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
From the comments I have seen on your EZ Vid, allot are envy of the riding area and all comments have been positive.

Looking fwd to getting it in and these weeks are just flying bye.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I had mine put on my Rene 1000 I had to call SuperAtv and asked about the Prairie and they said it may be down the pipeline so hopefully they do.
now on my rene the steering is so easy even in 4wd its crazy almost to easy I wish this was out when I had my Brute

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I had mine put on my Rene 1000 I had to call SuperAtv and asked about the Prairie and they said it may be down the pipeline so hopefully they do.
now on my rene the steering is so easy even in 4wd its crazy almost to easy I wish this was out when I had my Brute
That would be great if SATV brings it out for the SRA's and it would be worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
13,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow...did I miss this one. The straight zerk works fine.

OK, I have developed a problem with my EZ Steer. It wants to turn left all the time. Something had happened to the torque bar system. I did a video and sent it to SuperATV and I am sure they will take care of it but in the meantime, it looks like the torque sensor is getting very hot being that close to the front exhaust. You guys with these probably better get some heat wrap or something and get it between it and the pipe. Not for sure this is the cause, but its likely it is.

See SWBF..probably good yours isn't on yet...we get to work the bugs out first..

EZSteer problem - YouTube

1 - 20 of 140 Posts